chinense Bhutt Fu Gares (Move along, nothing to see here) Nage Morich

These seeds to given to me by member Bootsieb a couple of years ago. *Edit - Bootsieb has confirmed that this is Naga Morich*

I really don't know much about it other than its name, Bhutt Fu Gares and that it is from Sri Lanka. Hopefully someone else has more information about it and will chime in. 

On the left, is the first (semi) ripe one, compared to a pretty standard sized red bhut jolokia. It fell off as soon as I touched it so I am going to let it finish ripening before I take a taste.

Bhut Fu Gares (left) by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

I had another plant that was potted and was going to be isolated, but I lost it to aphids. This one is in the ground next to everything else, so I am going to start bagging a few flowers so I can get some decent seed. I will give the seed to anyone here that wants it.

LOL, I like everyone's enthusiasm! Even if I manage to start bagging tomorrow it will be 5-6 weeks before I can start collecting seed. I am not a huge fan of bagging flowers, I much prefer isolating entire plants, but I am out of seeds completely and I don't think I want to dig this plant up.

Nightshade said:
Very interesting I like the size of the pod got pics of the plant?

I will take a pic of the plant tomorrow, the sun has gone down. It looks very much like the bhut jolokias that are next to it. Luckily I put it at the end of a row so I should get a reasonably good picture of the plant.

Hopefully someone else knows at least something about them, I don't currently have ANY confirmation that these have grown true, or that whether or not it is even the correct name. I don't want to throw yet another variety out into the community that is inaccurately classified. Hopefully we will get a visit from Bootsieb.

Just realized that if people wanted to hate on this pepper they could refer to it as the "bhut, who cares".

There has to be a joke with "bhut fu" too but I am struggling to come up with one.

That's awesome! I would be in for seed too, I'll add it to next years list. I'll be more prepared as I had a shitty this year. Thanks for the offer and hope this can be another stable variety in this pepper world.

, Walter

Awesome, thanks for the update Bootsieb! Glad that got sorted out before I went around handing out seeds. I had a suspicion that it was closely related to Naga Morich, now we know just how closely related! :rofl:

Looks like the website you posted www.seeds-lanka.com isn't online anymore. I haven't grown Naga Morich before, but from what I am seeing, it still looks a little different than the morich's that I have seen, so it might be interesting to some folks.

Here is a shot of the plant, just for giggles

Bhutt Fu Gares by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Back