• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Big Daddy's ASS BURN

"Hell goin' in , hell goin' out"

I picked up a bottle of this at the Austin Hot Sauce Festival from Big Daddy himself. Thanks Big Daddy!

img0146ph2.jpg

Big Daddy started making his unusual sauce in Houston. I don't know but this recipe seems to be inspired by lots of partying. Here's the ingredient label....

img0148ry4.jpg

The main ingredient is Thai peppers which is a little unusual. Also unusual is the second ingreient, St. Arnold's Lawnmower beer. I haven't seen to many hot sauces with beer before. That makes me think Big daddy may be a little crazy.

The aroma of this sauce is sour and sweet which is also the way it tastes. It has a sour taste at first ( not unpleasant) then sweet undertones which make sense considering the inclusion of brown sugar and molasses. The sauce has a slightly chunky and seedy apearance.

I like this sauce. I've had it on tacos, on sandwiches and on chicken. It's a good all-around hot sauce with a unique flavor.

http://www.bigdaddysassburn.com/

If you went to the Houston Hot sauce festival you probably saw these nice folks. I say, give the Ass Burn a try...

Heat 6/10
Flavor 7/10

Eek! Dextrose, can't eat dextrose... :)

That sauce looks interesting. looks like you went through it really fast. Can you taste the beer in it?

chuk hell said:
Are you dibetic?

Nope, just have some really strange allergies (for example, I can eat lobster claws, but can't eat any other part of the lobster, I can't eat walnuts, but can eat all the other nuts). When dextrose is used in the food industry, they add some enzimes to it and that's what causes problems for me.

Back