• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Big Mike Updates From Georgia

They are coming along nicely. I go into solo cups from the seed starting tray this Sunday. 

When do you plan on planting out? I pushed my luck last year and did the last week of March, then proceeded to have my garden underwater during all those early April rainstorms we had. Nothing ever fully recovered. Thoughts on this year for us Georgians?

TW

As a fellow Georgian I am also interested in this thread. Great looking plants by the way!

Where do you live and when do you transplant? The last couple of years I've waited until the first week in May to transplant here in Atlanta, but with things so warm this year I'm planning (hoping) for mid-late April.

These plants will go into the ground and into outdoor containers around April 10th.  I actually used to go with part of my plants in late March but came to believe that that is just too early.  The plants are just going to sit there until some warm nights arrive so why take the frost risk outside so early?!

I live in Fayette County which is about 25 miles southwest of Atlanta.Two years ago, we had frost on April 8th, but the average last day of killing frost in my area is March 31.  Average is average though so I wait at least one week longer nowadays.

Big Mike

Big Mike said:
These plants will go into the ground and into outdoor containers around April 10th.  I actually used to go with part of my plants in late March but came to believe that that is just too early.  The plants are just going to sit there until some warm nights arrive so why take the frost risk outside so early?!

I live in Fayette County which is about 25 miles southwest of Atlanta.Two years ago, we had frost on April 8th, but the average last day of killing frost in my area is March 31.  Average is average though so I wait at least one week longer nowadays.

Big Mike

Sounds about right, I think I'll shoot for a late-April transplant.

20160227t.jpg

Looks like a good start. Mike!

Have a great 2019 season!

Back