• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Big peppers!

I'm going big next year! What are:
1. The largest peppers (Whippets Tail?) ?
2. Fattest peppers?
3. Tallest pepper plant?
f. The ingredients on Spam in 1970 and 1971?

My big peppers include:

Whippet's tail is my largest, much larger than my Big Jim
Poblanos and Mulatos are my fattest
Pequin and Pc-1 are my tallest and some large poblanos and Rocotos too

Not sure how long a whippet's tail is but I have a cayenne plant that has some 8 to 10" chiles on it which is pretty close to the big jim's I grew last year if not longer.

Sante fe grande has to be the fattest of patch and my indian red plants are standing 4' easily.

Corno Di Toro Rosso is a big one too! I've had peppers weighing more than 200 grams
corno.jpg

Two unripe ones, and not even the biggest of the bush

Remos said:
Corno Di Toro Rosso is a big one too! I've had peppers weighing more than 200 grams
Nice peppers! How do they taste? And keep in mind, I am only looking for hot peppers, not sweet peppers. ;)

Sickmont said:
So what's the deal with the Spam?

That's what I want to know. If people actually read the ingredients back then, they wouldn't have eaten it.

If you're interested I'll have seeds very soon (as soon as it's
ripe). You're more than welcome to some...

Stuffed... yes, I'm thinking of chopped shrimp or white fish +
cheese...

Tony said:
If you're interested I'll have seeds very soon (as soon as it's
ripe). You're more than welcome to some...

Stuffed... yes, I'm thinking of chopped shrimp or white fish +
cheese...
Are they pure seeds or have they been cross pollinated?

Nice peppers! How do they taste? And keep in mind, I am only looking for hot peppers, not sweet peppers.

They are somewhat bitter, and don't taste super, I prefer bell peppers. I'm sorry I didn't read they were suppose to be hot, these definetely aren't, but they sure are big!

imaguitargod said:
Not your fault. I didn't state that originally.

But this is theHOTpepper.com so I guess I could have kinda figured;) Once I'll come across a big hot one I'll let you know:) Greetings Remi

Back