• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BIG SHOW OFF: Photos of Your Hybrids!

Gowning out two 2015 "Open Pollinated" variants, seeds I started before Christmas set aside for this years grow who knows what I will get? <R>

Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Chocolate (DooDoo Variant) selected these odd pods to see if they will propagate the variant from "Isolated" seeds from Jim Duffy. The plants in the photo came from these pods, they looked like DooDoo to me!

7 Pot Gigantic SR Red (Variant Cross) These pods are the second grow from "Isolated" seeds from Jim Duffy this cross produced one red and one yellow variant, The red variant had a fully placenta lined wall, not growing out the yellow this year, but i will post a photo.

You can see the whole red pod, the split pot and the seeded pod (the plants in the photo came from these seeds)...yikes look at all the oil and fully lined placenta!

If you want to see the plats with pods on let me know and i will post.

Have seeds of all three varieties...

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 111
thegreenman said:
Getting some color on this baccatum x (baccatum x chinense)
Hope to taste it on Tuesday or Wednesday.
da122c58e6c5c9b5af7dd30f2915c5ac.jpg
Here it is. Tasted super sweet and crunchy mostly like a Brazilian Starfish, not any hotter which is a bit disappointing. Anyway it's an F1 and I'm going to drop these seeds into soil tomorrow.
678f714c73204773ec5d96f274cd7b4d.jpg
350bd166053d41631179725e18e05d34.jpg
439a59351c050e0e31704eefaedea66d.jpg

Super sweet and not so hot? That sounds like this hybrid would be good for my stomach ulcer. At the moment, I cannot eat too hot.

If you have any seeds over, and you don't mind sharing, I would be honored to grow your variety. Remember to give it a name.

Hirnsausen said:
Super sweet and not so hot? That sounds like this hybrid would be good for my stomach ulcer. At the moment, I cannot eat too hot.

If you have any seeds over, and you don't mind sharing, I would be honored to grow your variety. Remember to give it a name.
I'll send you some in exchange for a promise to save some seed (isolated if possible) from your grow and send them back to me for the future generation.

Yes, I can do this. Agreed. Even better, I have here a very tropical climate, they should develop just fine here. How many seeds should I keep for you?

How do you want to name your new variety (though it will be stable only after X7 and permanently after X21)?

I have an idea. For those who have hybrid seed lets send, through a SASBE, it all to one trustworthy person. And that person would send every other hybrid seed to everyone.

Good proposal, but what if not every participant wants seeds of every hybrid? Better, if interested receivers would contact the hybrid poster here directly, and get (if possible) those specific seeds.  This also takes away too much postal fees burden from one central person. Not everyone lives in the same country.

Still open for better/alternative ideas how to organize.

Back