• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Billy Biker Jalapeño Story/seeds

I keep hearing about the Billy Biker Jalapeño anyone know its story? I hear they are twice as big and twice as hot as the average Jalapeño. Also does anyone know where I can get viable seeds to this variety as I understand it is a hybrid.

from what i ready it was invented by a Vegetarian Biker name Billy, his inspiration was to heat up vegetarian dishes with Jalapenos, but he wanted them hotter

i saw the story on the internet about 2 to 3 years ago cant remember the whole thing
Burpee seed company has them

hope this helps some

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks .. Guess Im confused about hybrids if one takes two plants to make a hybird and you can't save seeds from a hybird as they don't grow true how them does burpee sell seeds if they can't be trusted .. lol what am I missing. Are they cloning a mother ? And if they are how does the mother gaurentee true seed if she is indeed a hybird?

I got some Billy Biker seeds in a seed train last year so they are most likely no good correct ?

Who says you can't save seeds from a hybrid? And yes hybrid seeds can/will grow true if you get it stable...which the biker billy is

coheed196 said:
Who says you can't save seeds from a hybrid? And yes hybrid seeds can/will grow true if you get it stable...which the biker billy is
Interesting so you're telling me if I grow a Billy Biker Plant and save the seeds that it will grow true the following year ? Shoot I just ordered 3 live plants whenI had the seeds already from the train ..lol

About Mulch said:
Sounds like a cool Jalapeno , would it be the hottest Jalapeno?
Yes it is supposed to be the hottest jalapeño, I think

Yes if you planted seeds that were isolated and planted them then yes it will grow true. The seeds from the train may or may not because who knows if they were isolated

Found this about Billy Biker

Growing

True to its description, the Biker Billy started bearing edible fruit in late June. Im growing this plant in a 5 gallon bucket filled with my own organic potting mix and fertilized twice a month with either organic beet extract or blood meal. The plant is now about 18 inches high and will probably deliver about 30-35 large pods by seasons end. ((Unfortunately, I have come to find out that Hybrid plants do not drop viable seeds for saving so I may or may not have this plant in my garden next year.))

I have grown them and they are hot, my Early Jalapenos last year were hotter than BB Jals I had previously grown. BB Jals are quite good and great for stuffing and keeping heat.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have grown them and they are hot, my Early Jalapenos last year were hotter than BB Jals I had previously grown. BB Jals are quite good and great for stuffing and keeping heat.
I have early Jal's going now and was hoping the BB Jal's would be hotter. I just ordered 3 plants from Burpee so I guess we will see !

I don't know where you got that info spanky, but it's dead wrong. Think about the Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion...it's a hybrid. You think the seeds that everyone in the world has right now came from only one plant? No, people grew them from seeds then saved seeds of their own and gave them out and so on

coheed196 said:
I don't know where you got that info spanky, but it's dead wrong. Think about the Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion...it's a hybrid. You think the seeds that everyone in the world has right now came from only one plant? No, people grew them from seeds then saved seeds of their own and gave them out and so on
Oooh good point ...where do I get me some of them seeds ?

The Biker Billy, like the Red Savina, is an F1 hybrid as far as I know. That means that the seeds sold are the first gen offspring of the two parent types. The offspring of the seeds would be a crapshoot unless someone has stabilized a strain of it.

Back