• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Birthday is in eight days, wife and family know I want seeds. I just don't know which ones.

2019 was my first year growing peppers from seed, and I'd say it was pretty successful. I had 20 plants grown from seed, 2 bought as young plants, and one that I successfully overwintered from last year.

2020 is going to be even better, because I've learned a lot. Problem is, I don't know what plants I want to grow. So I'm looking for recommendations. This past year I grew:

-Carolina Reapers
-"Giant" Red Ghosts
-Orange Ghosts
-Thai Bird's Eye
-Chiltepin
-Orange Habanero
-Chocolate Habanero

Some of them weren't even planned, as I had mislabeled seeds. Some plants that grew, I never even found out what they truly were. Anyway, I don't plan on growing more reapers. I don't care for them much. I do want to grow more ghosts and habaneros. I'd like to grow some milder peppers too, but nothing that's weaker than a serrano. So I'm looking for some recommendations. Anything that you know is guaranteed to give good yield, or large fruit, or good flavor and heat. Whatever! Fire away! Please.

Uncle_Eccoli said:
BEEF SUPREME!!

I've really enjoyed the sauces I've made from yellow bonnets this year.
"We seem to uh be experimenting some techmological differences?"

Love that movie.

I tried to grow some yellow scotch bonnets last year, but I overwatered, and never got any plants from those seeds. I'll try again next year, probably!

Red Reaper x JPGS is insanely hot and delicious. Hottest and tastiest peach pod I've ever had.

Bishop's Crowns aren't very hot but are delicious. I recommend having stuff from all parts of the scoville scale.

I'll second the bonnets and Bahamian Goats too. There's a reason those grace nearly every chilihead's top 10. Make SURE Chocolate Scotch Bonnet is one of them!

Agreed on the Bahamian Goat - the plant I grew back in 2015/2016 is still going strong year after year.

This year was I tried a 7 pot primo and glad I did, it makes a really nice sauce. One pod for the whole batch. Among others I've also got a couple of tabasco short yellows kicking around - good for hot vinegar. So I guess it depends on what you want to do with the chilies.

From experience white hot peppers is a good source of seeds. Also fatalii.net here in Europe is good.

Here's a few tasty morsels:
Yellow Scotch Bonnets, Bahamian Goat, 7 Pot Burgundy, 7 Pot Cinder, 7 Pot Primo Yellow, Bahamian Beast Chocolate, Biker Billy Jalapeno, Aji Jobito, Stuffing Scotch Bonnet, El Remo Habanero, BOC, Bhut Jolokia Red, Bhut Jolokia Caramel, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Aji Lemon Drop, Aji Mochero, Aji Habanero, Chenzo, Ms. Junie, Cubanelle, Poblano L, Jimmy Nardello, Yellow Brainstrain, Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Red.  

Back