• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Black / Brown NAGA's

Black Naga and Black Naga Jolokia
I was told they were the same and have seen pictures of those two.

Chocolate Naga Morich
The other day I saw a Chocolate Naga Morich
Is this the same as the two above, it is a little confusing.
Would a kind soul, post a picture of Chocolate Naga Morich
and possibly. some good pictures of the others, so it is compared to.

Are there more of these brown / black Naga types.
Someone who wants to explain a little about them, so it is understandable :crazy:

there is some cofusion that i have seen and i have heard two stories

#1 it has much to do with the ethnic region in question and constitute a language barrier or rather dialect, one being Bengali the other Assamese BIH,BHUT,NAGA refer to the king kobra/poison/venom, but in Thai NAGA is a dragon, can make you kinda :crazy:

#2 first being the black naga like the one im growing this year 2011 are elongated much like your common chocolate bhut while the other ending in Morich is shorter and more Habanero in appearance with a slight point and sometime no point, they both generally taste alike and are generally in the same heat range (its trying to compare apples to apples)
i honestly am not sure which is correct?? and not sure if this helps or causes more confusion , anyway im not an expert :lol:

oh by the way 2GODS your english is just fine and better than some i have heard keep up the good work

thanks your friend Joe

Beaglestorm
Am already looking forward to seeing the review, NICE
Thanks

AjiJoe
Okay, it starts to make sense.
This is useful info
Thank you

Next season im gonna grow Black naga jolokia, from you Joe.
I Also hafe bought the Brown Nnaga Morich, bought that one from Pepper PRF.

So I was looking for was if it was the same, but it's not, can i understand.
It will be fun to compared them next season when I will grow both.

A picture of Black naga Morich would be nice.

I found the recent Black/Brown/Chocolate Naga references confusing too. There was something doing the rounds a while back by the name of Black Naga:

this is the black NAGA.. if you guys ever have any problem ID any pepper come back to me will help :D

i had this pepper last year it looks like C.Chinense( Limon )but bigger in size and hotter
hpim1253v.jpg

hpim1250.jpg
There has been comments about it resembling the Scarlet Lantern. I thought it resembled the Aji Limo on CCN. One thing that did come to mind at the time as it looked nothing like a Naga.

When I saw references to Black Nagas recently my mind went back to the one pictured in the quote above.

I did see a photo of the Black Naga Morich somewhere in the forums. I think the photos by Vladan may be it:
Black Naga
C.Chinense

All pods ripening very slow we have rain every singe day here in Norteastern Ohio just not good weathet for peppers to mature.

BlackNaga-VladanSmiciklas-rainbowchiliseedsP1050199.jpg

Edited 2013-01-10: Fix CCN link.

Back