• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Black Cobra? Purple Serrano ?

Anyone know if these are correct ? Just added to my windowsill, it's now officially full. 
13hEZm1.jpg
tviZnpe.jpg

i agree with the Buzzman, #2 is a goatsweed....but, i do grow them and give them away to members of the vietnamese community and i call them black cobra, well, because goatsweed has no strength to the name. so, if you meet someone local to calgary from the vietnamese community and they are offering black cobras, chances are they came from me. i just grew 8 more "black cobra" because the demand was so high - one friend tells a friend, who tells a friend, who tells a friend.... next thing you know i am out of plants.

the first plant could be any type of purple variety including ornamental but as the flower hangs we at least know it is an annuum variety but if you believe your source was reliable, i don't see why it is not a purple serrano.

good growing.

Burning Colon said:
i agree with the Buzzman, #2 is a goatsweed....but, i do grow them and give them away to members of the vietnamese community and i call them black cobra, well, because goatsweed has no strength to the name. so, if you meet someone local to calgary from the vietnamese community and they are offering black cobras, chances are they came from me. i just grew 8 more "black cobra" because the demand was so high - one friend tells a friend, who tells a friend, who tells a friend.... next thing you know i am out of plants.
While Goat's Weed and Black Cobra might look similar, you can't just go calling one the other because one's name "has no strength", Mark...... :rofl:

At least make something up. :D

Burning Colon said:
if you believe your source was reliable, i don't see why it is not a purple serrano.
That.

Burning Colon said:

the first plant could be any type of purple variety including ornamental but as the flower hangs we at least know it is an annuum variety but if you believe your source was reliable, i don't see why it is not a purple serrano.

good growing.
I Actually just bought it from a local garden center in Calgary, and he wasn't Vietnamese haha 

Black Cobra/momba = Mexico
Chile Negro De Arbol = Mexico.
black chile verde = mexico
Goat weed = Venezuela
Black Thai = Thailand
Vietnamese black Dragon= Vietnam

I have collected several different Gray Fuzzies from several countries that are different than Goat Weed if grown next to each other.
Some pods are upturned,others are upturned then pendant,others are pendant.
Some are hotter than others,some are just heat no taste.
Some are thicker or thinner fleshed.Others are crap fresh but great as a dry powder or flaked.

Some are brown/black,some are purple black.
Just because a pod goes from green to black means nothing in general.
A lot of names are for sales purposes OR are plants that are landrace stuff.

Back