• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Black Devil Chilli?

Everything is a hybrid.

Edit: Let me clarify so as not to come off as a dick. Let us go by the definition of a hybrid.

Hybrid:the offspring of two plants or animals of different species or varieties, such as a mule (a hybrid of a donkey and a horse).

So, while it may or may not be a hybrid capsicum ( the off spring of two or more C. annuumC. baccatumC. chinenseC. frutescens, and C. pubescens or of the other species, these are just the most readily used),the real question becomes why do you want to make sure it's not a hybrid? One of my favorite pepper is the Lemon drop x Bhut jolokia. A hybrid. A baccatum and chinense hybrid.

Not to dampen your hopes.. But that 'Seller' you purchased from I have bought approximately 20 varieties from.. Out of those about 5 grew true.. 5 grew somewhat true but looked nothing like the quality in his pics.. the other 10 were completely false, this includes red Primos that grew out to be 4 different varieities being Hungarian hot wax, Omnicolor, an unknown Baccatum and Jamaican Gold..  And mustard Habaneros that grew the same mix of unknowns ... I hade a 7 Pot Bubblegum grow out to be red habaneros and Ice Cream Scorpions grow out to be carrot Habaneros etc etc etc..

The ones that grew out 'Ok' where yellow and red morugas, Carolina reaper and 7 Pot Barrackpore, but even these where off pheno and varied in pod quality...

Just be wary as he posts whatever he wants knowing he has 6 months before you crack it with him and by then he's 100% for sales... I'm still trying to identify pods from plants seed he sold me that wasnt true =)

He also uses local names for pods that are hard to reference and sells pods under the wrong type, eg. he sells White Bhuts as White Nagas too.. Same pod seed..

I rate this seller at 25%  and that's because he's quick to post and the seed arrives in good condition.. the -75% is for what grows from it lol..

They look like Pimenta De Neyde crosses in your link.

Thanks @sirex & @KrakenPeppers for the informative replies. Sorry for coming back late, I seem to be unable to stop notifications going into my spam. This is very interesting.

>>Everything is a hybrid.
I think I am making a common mistake and using the term "Hybrid" too loosely. What I ultimately want to know is if a plant grows well for me/I like it, that I can harvest the seeds and grow an identical plant from them. I have an Apache "F1" but I understand that because this is a "hybrid", if I grow it's seeds, they may turn out to be either of the Apache's parents rather than another Apache. Pardon my naivety here!

Is there a way for me to know which of the varieties I'm growing will produce seeds which produce the same plant (when seeds have come from reputable source originally)?

>>I rate this seller at 25%  and that's because he's quick to post and the seed arrives in good condition
I am basically having the exact experience you describe with that seller. I ordered the "Black Devil" from them, they arrived quickly (to the UK from Aus!) and all 4 of the first batch I sowed have germinated in 8-9 days. I am not too concerned how those turn out, as long as they are nice plants. I did however also order some Buena Mulata from them (sowed 5 days ago), which I really want to ensure are genuine. I also got some BM seeds from a more reputable seller ( http://www.semillas.de ) which arrived today so will have to sow a batch from those, label carefully and monitor differences.

Thanks both for any advice you can give.

Back