• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Black marks on my peter

FSjAzgr.gif

I clicked the thread link with great hesitation..... only to find that the imgur link is blocked here at work. But I was betting I'd find sunburn. My peters last year were susceptible.

Hoo-boy! It's nice to see that we're all treating a fellow member's delicate problem with all due sympathy....

Yeah, i'd say it's probably just mild 'sunburn'.

Could be the blackness goes away once it starts to red up. Or it could be just how that strain does. Sort of like how some japs have a good amount of black to them. Def wouldn't be concerned.

I think that is a sun burn thing also, not a big deal at all in my experience. I had a bunch of reapers do this and they turned out just fine. I don't think it will effect the final product at all.

PS, great title.

Lol, kill it with fire is always a last resort. Good peppers are suppose to kill YOU with fire.. im not worried anymore, nobody seems concerned so im not either
Thanks lol. It was really the only choice for the thread title

also, for my peppers, the darkening did not go away with time (but was limited to the most sun-exposed areas). And if you leave the peppers on the branch PAST ripe, then that black area will actually wilt faster. Not sure why.

But again, if picked as usual, I was not able to tell a difference at all.

Back