• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun Black Prince: getting enough sun?

Hello All,

So, this is the first year that I am doing an indoor garden (last few in pots outside of my townhouse). I grabbed a few different pepper seeds and so far they all seem to be doing reasonably well. That being said, one variety that I decided to grow was Black Prince.

05.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the plant seems to be doing just fine; it's even beginning to flower. My concern is that the leaves really are not darkening like I expect (though they are "speckled"). Furthermore, for Mother's Day I gave my mom one of these plants (same pot/soil/nutrients) and while it has been outside it's leaves have become completely black. My indoor setup is running 2x 125W full spectrum CFL's inside a grow tent (see my other posts for pictures). Am I not providing enough light support? Should I even be concerned? Again, it appears as though the plant is growing fine other than the lack of color change.

Thanks for any help!

Yeah, I Think you need more sun/light, mine get alot of sun and they are totally purple, but i gave some to my grandmaw and she keeps them im more shade and her's look like yours..

Yeah, I Think you need more sun/light, mine get alot of sun and they are totally purple, but i gave some to my grandmaw and she keeps them im more shade and her's look like yours..

Sounds like what I found. Does that mean that I am starving the peppers? I went ahead and ordered a 3rd 125W Full Spectrum CFL. I'll post any positive developments.

Back