• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Black stuff near eating damage.

This stuff is on a BB7, chocolate bell, liebesapfel, and maybe a pink tiger, but I can't tell because the pink tiger has darker leaves. Anyone know what could cause the leaves being eaten? Also, the black stuff is dry, and peels off to reveal perfectly normal leaf tissue underneath it.
az6fZq5.jpg

cruzzfish said:
No.

Not going to find out. I don't think it would be poop though, just because it's too widespread on the leaves. Bugs usually poop pellets, not oil spills.
Hahaha smart move! Have you sprayed anything or have you had a mosquito spraying trucks come by had some weird looking stuff on my tomato plants after they came through.

oldsalty said:
Hahaha smart move! Have you sprayed anything or have you had a mosquito spraying trucks come by had some weird looking stuff on my tomato plants after they came through.
I watered from the top with fertilizer yesterday, but that's a light yellow color when dry. I was thinking it could be slug slime, because there are a few kinds of slugs that leave a thicker trail if they get nervous.

cruzzfish said:
I watered from the top with fertilizer yesterday, but that's a light yellow color when dry. I was thinking it could be slug slime, because there are a few kinds of slugs that leave a thicker trail if they get nervous.
Yup sounds like yer culprit!! I use beach sand around my plants they hate it keeps them at bay!! :)

in my experience, black stuff on plants is from white flies. they leave this sticky black soot stuff, that's not only on the leaves but also spreads to other places sometimes. 

BigB said:
in my experience, black stuff on plants is from white flies. they leave this sticky black soot stuff, that's not only on the leaves but also spreads to other places sometimes. 

the black stuff is what grows on their sugary poop iirc

Back