• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Blair's Original Death Sauce

Fairly decent sauce. Wouldnt buy it again. Still had a nice after taste though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0Do8uW6TU[/youtube]

To be completely honest with ya'll, the ONLY reason I bought them was because they were $3.29 each. If it werent for that, I wouldnt have. Especially knowing what I know now. When I bought the Ultra Death with the 20/20 in it, it was $15! Plus after awhile, I can say Ive had them ALL. Thats about the only cool thing about it. Are they repulsive? No. But not far from it. That Jalapeno one was rediculous. WAAAAAAAAAY too much cilantro in that. I feel so strongly about vinegar because I grew up in Texas. So, I got used to tomato based bbq sauces and what not. Then, when I get here to NC, pretty much every damn bbq sauce has vinegar as the main ingredient. I dont know why on EARTH someone would use something that would KILL the taste. I like a good tomato based kind of sauce. INCLUDING hot sauces. If you have had Skobiyan before, you'll know what I mean. Now THAT is a sauce!

To be completely honest with ya'll, the ONLY reason I bought them was because they were $3.29 each. If it werent for that, I wouldnt have. Especially knowing what I know now. When I bought the Ultra Death with the 20/20 in it, it was $15! Plus after awhile, I can say Ive had them ALL. Thats about the only cool thing about it. Are they repulsive? No. But not far from it. That Jalapeno one was rediculous. WAAAAAAAAAY too much cilantro in that. I feel so strongly about vinegar because I grew up in Texas. So, I got used to tomato based bbq sauces and what not. Then, when I get here to NC, pretty much every damn bbq sauce has vinegar as the main ingredient. I dont know why on EARTH someone would use something that would KILL the taste. I like a good tomato based kind of sauce. INCLUDING hot sauces. If you have had Skobiyan before, you'll know what I mean. Now THAT is a sauce!

Unfortunately.....damn near every sauce on the market has some quantity of vinegar in it. I'm not a huge fan of vinegar as a main ingredient in a hot sauce, but to me it's an ingredient that defines what a hot sauce truly is.

I LOVE the alternate recipe hot sauces I've tried.....(the ones that are made with NO vinegar) but they're really hard to find.

***By the way....I have a copy of damn near every bottle Blair ever made........almost!

100_1951.jpg

100_1952.jpg

100_1953.jpg

100_1954.jpg

100_1955.jpg

100_1956.jpg

100_1957.jpg

100_1958.jpg

So....for the record....I love the bottles...but the sauce is a bit harsh to me because of the extract.

Ok I'll be there in a few hours :cool:

I'll keep the beer cold!

Seriously.....Retta asked me to count them all one day. I had 784 bottles......not counting the dozen or so in the fridge and the 20-30 in the pantry......

.....that was 5 months ago. It's only gotten bigger from there.

Oh....a few years. Retta thinks I'm completely insane......

....all of my kid's friends think I'm the coolest dad on the planet.

lol....Prolly 'cause they think if they screw up in your house, they'll get extract poured in their mouths!

Most of'em ask a zillion questions.....and want to know which ones are the hottest.....and "Can we try some?"

I'm only too happy to oblige.... :hell:

Have you ever seen six 13 year olds trying to out-do each other with hot sauce? :rofl: I usually start out *slow* with products like Dave's Insanity, then move up the scale to things like raw orange habs and PF's 7-pot powder. Then, we move into the heavy hitters like Defcon Zero and the Source.....

If anyone is still standing upright, I bring out the ringer......It's a TEN MILLION SHU sludge I keep in the cabinet with the spices. Everyone bows down to the ten-mil. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THIS is the payoff for having twin boys!!!

lmao. I just cant buy some bottles of hot sauce for $300 and up. I was looking on the Blair's website, and they have some kick ass stuff. About the ONLY thing I CAN buy is the 2a.m. and the 3a.m. I just cant justify the other stuff, ya know? Unless I have a fellow petty officer that ever wants to cut me a REALLLLLLLY good deal on something...lol

Ha I can relate I have a 15yo and all his buddies come over to test their machismo with the sauces in the fridge and then its peppers. I like the one " Hey Dad!, whats this one called, Dorset somethingorother ? its not that bad wanna try it?" Then the fun begins :mouthonfire:

I've tried Blairs Original and Salsa De La Muerte, both to me taste like garlicky pizza sauce. Not much for heat. I wouldn't buy them again either. Pure Death tastes good but not enough heat.

Unless I have a fellow petty officer that ever wants to cut me a REALLLLLLLY good deal on something...lol

If I ever let loose of some of my collection....you may have 1st dibs!

Ha I can relate I have a 15yo and all his buddies come over to test their machismo with the sauces in the fridge and then its peppers. I like the one " Hey Dad!, whats this one called, Dorset somethingorother ? its not that bad wanna try it?" Then the fun begins :mouthonfire:

:rofl:

Back