• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Blair's sweet death sauce

So I picked up a bottle of Blair's sweet death sauce, along with some habanero and chipotle powders, some tabasco chocolate and a bottle of Melinda's habanero sauce from Chilli Mojo.  

It is delicious, balanced, but lacking a little heat.  I know it is the bottom of the range in heat for Blair's, but was expecting a bigger heat hit given the broader repertoire, but if this is the base sauce for the hotter variations, I am curious to try the non extract hotter sauces.

Delicious sauce, reminds me of pizza, you can taste the onion, tomato, the sweetness is not overpowering, there is a great complexity of spice, big garlic background but wanted the heat dialled up 2 notches.  If you taste it without food and give it a couple of minutes, the passionfruit comes through too, clever balancing of flavours.  Oddly I get coriander, but is not listed.  I was thinking roots tied and cooked in the sauce and then plucked out before blitzing, secret ingredient perhaps?  

Blair's non extract sauces are pretty darn good.  I like the Pure Death, Muerte, and Golden Death very much.  Unlike many, I am not a hater of all things extract either.  Jersey Death was one of my favorites.

Back