blenders Blendtec blenders, worth it?

So far so good for me, made some powder a few days ago, havent mixed them yet. Besides a bit noise been working great.

I use it frequently for soups, especially when Its cold, just add some hot water (they saw warm) and its great. Butternut squash the last few days :)

dragonsfire said:
I use it frequently for soups, especially when Its cold, just add some hot water (they saw warm) and its great. Butternut squash the last few days :)

i made some tomato soup with some red pepper in it, but it had floaties still 

Dried tomatoes and peppers with frozen org Butternut squash(pre thawed). I add the boiling water and let sit 10 min then "hot" button, think it goes for 3 min of something. Just having coffee right now while waiting :)

I believe Blendtec is right up there with VitaMix.  I have a VitaMix, but never made pepper powder in it.  I like to use a coffee grinder for that.

so yeah, i am digging my blendtec :)  i got it in the mail before lunch.  

took it home and brought some soup i made that was just a little too chunky for my liking.  i put it through the blender and it made it smooth as silk  :dance:

Scoville DeVille said:
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

This is what I use. It will turn 5 whole nutmegs into powder in about 25 seconds. And I definitely grind all of my own spices including cinnamon, cumin, anice seeds etc etc etc 

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/waring-wsg30-commercial-spice-grinder-120v/929WSG30.html

I have the same grinder and love it for all manner of dried pods and spices.  For blending I reach for my cuisinart immersion blender, but my sister has a blendtec and it's a very nice machine.  

Scoville DeVille said:
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

This is what I use. It will turn 5 whole nutmegs into powder in about 25 seconds. And I definitely grind all of my own spices including cinnamon, cumin, anice seeds etc etc etc 

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/waring-wsg30-commercial-spice-grinder-120v/929WSG30.html
Perfect for small batch for sure and epic for making your own curry powder, 5 spice and all my Q rubs. I love mine but it is way to small for scale however personal use on the money!

Back