• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Bless you Deputy T. McClease

We keep hearing so many horrible things about law enforcement today.  I figure praise should be given where praise is due.  With a little bit of help from google, I figure anyone looking this deputy up will find my praise. 

Lots of folk here know I am just about wheel chair bound, but for folk who might find this story from google I want to point out that till the ride home, the officer had no clue.  It wasn't till my wife had to help me out the back seat of his car and walk me to the door that he knew.  So it is not like he saw someone in a wheel chair and stopped just for that reason.

Sheriff Deputy T. McClease stopped when he saw our car broke down by the side of the road.  He directed traffic while I tried to get the belt on.  He helped us get a tow truck when I gave up.  And then he drove us nearly a dozen mile home.  It was fairly clear my wife was driving, so despite the fact that I was staggering from standing while trying to get the belt back on, he treated me with kindness and respect,  This despite the fact that my speech is often slurred and broken.  I think he either had training or sense of medical conditions vs. intoxication.

Thank you Officer T. McClease from the Shelby County Kentucky Sheriff's department.  You did not know it at the time you chose to help, but no way I could have rolled myself home from there even with my wife's help.

Its the wife's car and it is the strangest thing.  Serpentine belt broke had replacement.  Put it on, it flew off, put it back on, it flew off.  Kept trying till battery died.  None of the pulleys are froze.  All rotate by hand.  They all look in alignment.  Nothing has been worked on lately.  Cant see anything wrong with new belt.  I am absolutely clueless.

Maybe the replacement belt was made slightly off center.  No clue.

check puly tensioner.

if its at max when the pully is on, then the pully has either stretched, or its the wrong belt... or wrong pully wheel somewhere.

pullys are cable reinforced. its highly unlikely it would stretch without signs of serious damage.

yup tensioner, think it was called a balancer back in the day.  it gives the wiggle to the jiggle. I hope that doesn't become a rap toon. Is that T McClese of the clan mcClease clan?

Never seen this.  The pulley that is pressed onto the harmonic ballancer became unpressed.  It started to ride forward, but not enough to really see.  Just enough to throw the belt off.

queequeg152 said:
 so the bolt got loose and the pully started to wander? how is that possible, isnt it reverse threaded?

I dont think it is for the reason you just said.  I have never noticed they were made this way, Maybe it is a new thing.  Evidently the balancer is machined and then the balancer pulley is press fit onto the balancer.  The press fit came loose and the balancer pulley wandered away from the engine just enough to throw the belt alignment out.

I always thought the whole thing was precision machined and then then balanced by drilling holes in the back.  Not anymore. It is two pieces, press fit, and then they weld a weight onto the frigging pulley the way you would balance a wheel.

I suppose it is a cheaper method of production

Back