• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Blitz 11/2014 Grow Logs.

Hey guys,

this is my purple habanero plant. It is 30 days old since sprout.
I had some problems at the beginning with the lights and the plants took mostly 12hours of light (18x2w 6400K CFL) each day for 2 weeks.

Since 2 weeks I have them under a 400w MH lamp and everything grows much better.

Here are some pictures.

I am not sure what is the standard height at this age of the plant.
Any thoughts?

Welcome. Looks good :)
Are you keeping the plant under lights or will it be able to go outside in the nice greek weather?

PaulS said:
Welcome. Looks good :)
Are you keeping the plant under lights or will it be able to go outside in the nice greek weather?

I have to keep them inside for now, maybe in spring I will transplant them outside :)
I think the 18:6 circle is not possible outdoors now and the weather is not as stable as in the spring/summer with longer days.
Bhut Jolokia Orange  52 days old

just noticed the first flowers.

Jalapeno  3 days old

Not sure if I will keep the coco or use different growing medium.

Musa acuminata  7 days old

Selenicereus megalanthus  10 months old

Whoa...ur growing a banana tree too? Awesome...

That other one apparently produces the fruits below... remind me of dragonfruits...

Yellow_pitaya.jpg

Runescape said:
Whoa...ur growing a banana tree too? Awesome...

That other one apparently produces the fruits below... remind me of dragonfruits...

Yellow_pitaya.jpg

Actually they are all Pitayas ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya )

The yellow one is very tasty and for some reason it is impossible to find cuttings in europe.
I tried ebay but they dont send to Greece.
So I had to plant a seed to get started :)

blitz said:

I have to keep them inside for now, maybe in spring I will transplant them outside :)
I think the 18:6 circle is not possible outdoors now and the weather is not as stable as in the spring/summer with longer days.

It all looks good. I think I was over estimating the greek sun!

Back