• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Blooming Feed

I never feed my plants any "bloom" formulas. Chiles continue to grow and bloom/flower at the same time and do not really grow in cycles like some other popular plants.

I never feed my plants any "bloom" formulas. Chiles continue to grow and bloom/flower at the same time and do not really grow in cycles like some other popular plants.

To what plants are you referring to? :lol:

In my hydro buckets, I switched to a low nitrogen formula once my Jolokias started fruiting. I was having blossom drop with the grow formula. The plants seem to be doing great now.

Ben

A bit of extra nitrogen in the beginning is usually a good idea in my books and then I prefer something fairly evenly balanced in N/P/K throughout the season plus some epsom salts(magnesium) especially for the C. chinenses

"bloom" formulas are used by most when your not getting blooms. Yours are blooming so your already there

Well my fish fertilizer has low amounts of Nitrogen, so i guess it helps. I also throw epson salt on every once in a while. I try not to cause i live in Miami, Florida and we are surrounded by water. Im sure the air is full of salt. But i still add some epson salt here and there.

True, but they do a decent nutrition to set proper fruits. if your fertilizer is for vegetative growth only, it might have too much nitrogen and not enough potassium and other nutrients necessary for setting a healthy fruit. chiles should receive a full fertilizing treatment all year round.

Back