• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

blooms falling off :(

so in my closet grow i have a almost 2 month old habanero , looks extremely healthy has 2 peppers on it thats already up to size, but no other fruit has set, and i come to find 6-8 of the blooms that fell off, they look healthy and yet they still fall off? what am i missing here? am i not giving it something?

temps are usely around 85F

Not sure, but doesn't the flowers fall off so the pepper can grow? I had alot of flowers falling off my last years habanero plant and got many peppers from it. Sounds like it is doing what it needs to do.

Chiles are self-fertile, ie, they need no help to produce fruit. Many growers give in and begin to hand fertilize because they are impatient, but it's not required.

It is also natural to drop some flowers: wisdom is recognizing the difference between some and all. I grow in hydro with pretty good growing conditions and flower drop can be from 5-10%.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.

i belive i've been using to much [background=rgb(255, 250, 242)]nitrogen...been watering with aquarium water here recently,[/background]

could you also correct the problem by upping the phosphorous? I know of a triple phosphate fertilizer that I could use for that.

+1 on Willards list. Check the flowers to see if they are producing pollen. Hand pollination is the way to go for indoor growing!

Back