• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Blossom Drop on Healthy-Looking Plant

I have a fatalii plant that's growing well, getting plenty of sunlight, never been dehydrated enough to wilt, and the leaves are not curling, bleaching, discoloring, or showing any other form of stress, but I've been having a lot of blossom drop recently. It does have viable fruit on it though. What's going on here?

That does happen. On my plants, I do see blossoms dropping every day, and even a few pods here and there (3-4 a week on average, which is less than 1% for me), so don't be surprised if it does even on health plants.

Mine are potted as well, and on a concrete patio. If I may ask, what size pots do you use?

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

Let's see if I can answer everything. I planted it in Gardner's Gold soil with some 3-4-4 fertilizer. Haven't dosed it since then. The pot is probably 4-5 gallons. We had a few nights last week when the temps went down to the low 60s. Humidity has been extremely low. Plenty of sunlight. Photo attached.

I'm thinking low humidity and temperature but if you don't have a greenhouse to help raise these then what remains is a waiting game, and unless the light is playing tricks on the pic, they could use a little more 3-4-4, but not much.

that plant looks healthy to me...probably just stage it is going through caused by one of the things willard listed above..

Back