• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Blossom End Rot on plant in Hydro DWC

Do any of you Hydro gurus out there have a good calcium supplement recommendation for BER on a plant in a DWC system? Ive been using Flora Nova both Grow and Bloom and have not used any supplements and now my tomatoes get to about ping pong ball sized and then they get the dreaded black spot, I want to try and fix my toms and also prevent this from happening on my chiles.
Thanks

-Rich

CalMag's the popular brand in the hydro world. I use MagiCal by Technaflora--cheaper and same formulation labelwise. Works fine with GH Flora series. Good luck.

I use plain old calcium nitrate. 1/4 tsp per gal if your nutes already has a decent amount of cal in it. 1/2 tsp if it has low or no cal in it

treemanjohn said:
I use plain old calcium nitrate. 1/4 tsp per gal if your nutes already has a decent amount of cal in it. 1/2 tsp if it has low or no cal in it

Thanks, can that be used for foliar feeding as well?

I use Tomato-tone. It's made for soil but I found it works a treat in hydro. You may need to supplement with Fish Emulsion or some other high-nitrogen supplement but IME, toms do not require a lot of N. I admit I am a tightwad and don't like to spend money if I don't need to but I still want the best production possible, or at least the best ROI.

Mike

Back