• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Blossom Question...

The bell peppers in my garden open and if you touch or flick em a little the pollen just pours out everywhere and the insides are soft... my "reaper" has flowers that are much harder and a touch/flick doesnt seem to spray any pollen at all. The insides seem much more rigid that on the bells.. wish i could explain better, and i doubt the pic will help much but here it is.. any thoughts?

http://postimg.org/image/v5b8kfvrd/

*the reason the reaper is in " " marks is because the seeds were ordered from amazon.. first year, nobody told me there was a THP Vault!! Lol, oh well, live and learn

Could also be that the two plants are simply at different stages of flower development. "Reaper" may not be ready to release or receive pollen yet

Reactions: Tex
Tell me about it. I have the same problem, my thai sun produces lots of pods. But my stupid reapers doesn't even release pollen :( GAH

update: Yesterday my "reaper" started to release pollen on a few new buds, finally! hope some of it went where it needed to go, I have been babying this plant since March. I know, late start. Again First year lol..

Second year I suspect will go better (Hopefully). Ive learned alot in the first year. Learned about soil. Fertalizer. Germination. Disease. Pests. Currently building a second "Pepper Garden" for next year. indoor grow area is set up and ready to start fresh this winter.

My habs and bhut are finally flowering with little to no pollen production at all. Meanwhile the black prince pop a flower by sun up and are loaded with pollen by sun down. No time for that.

Back