food Blue Cheese Soup Dip

Normally one uses Colliflower but didnt have any so used Broccoli.

Precooked potatoes in PC for 10min
Mix Cashews (1/2 cup) and Hot peppers with water first to get a paste (can add cream instead of nuts). (2 habs in total, my first pepper of the year and some dried habs).
I also used Chicken stock paste, normally I would use veg stock, 1one tsp to 3 cups water. Added a bowl full of Broccoli then blitz.
Cut up Portabello mushrooms and cook for 10 min with mix.
Cut up or mash potatoes separately, if the you blitz (gentle), with 2 cups water. If you blitz too much they turn into glue.
Once the previous mix is cooked then add the potato mix (makes it harder to cook the mushrooms if the potato is their and making it thick). Cook 5min again
You can add less potato or add more liquid to make it thinner.
Once cooked add the Blue cheese, I used 1" square by 3.5", cut it up and mix in, leave it another 5 min to melt, you dont want to cook it or it might split. Depending on the size you cut it up it will completely melt or have little chunks, I cut it up into 1/2" chunks.
Made 2 bowls volume wise.

For the dip I ground up dried peppers and tomatoes, about 1 cup peppers to 1/4 cup tomatoes and let marinate and soak up.

P3169008_BlueCheeseSoup-1000_zpsy95rrxhs.jpg

P3169010_BlueCheeseSoup-800_zpsnakqtrqa.jpg

P3169011_BlueCheeseMushroomSoup-1000_zpsfvmmps0n.jpg

P3169013_PepperBlucheeseDip-1000_zpswllwcsch.jpg

You can't have soup without bread.Where the bread ? :drunk: Maybe some crackers and a few wings in there. ;) That's  hang over food right there. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Back