• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce blue diamond almonds & rocky mtn popcorn

I've been meaning to post this for a couple weeks, so here it is.

one day I was grocery shopping & I saw a new flavor from blue diamond almonds - i guess too new cuz its not even on their website so I had to take a pic too show ya.
habanero bbq, my eyes lit up, I'm like alright I gotta try these! but at the same time I had a feeling i was getting my hopes up too high.

well I was correct, saddly

taste - 4

heat - 0 - ZERO!!!! WTF ? with a name like hab bbq!

DSCF3487.jpg

ok now the popcorn from rocky mountain popcorn

I had the jalapeno & the red chili popcorn, granted they werent really hot but nonetheless they were still tasty. just incase theres someone here that might be interested in these flavored popcorn heres a link to them.

http://rmpopcorn.com

the jalapeno flavor, I'm not a real jalapeno fan but still tried it cuz I'm a chilehead so I might be bias.

taste - green tasting - 4

heat - 1

the red chili flavor

taste - 7

heat - 2/3

Maybe they just marinaded the nuts with one whole hab for a little while and removed it before packaging. That's a popular technique around here for sauce making.

Salute', TB.

NFF - I've had the chile/lime flavor & think it had more heat than the hab bbq, but its been along time since I've had those (chile/lime) so I dont fully remember how much heat.

yes it is misleading! hab bbq. I was hoping they'd have some decent heat cuz I really dont care for the flavor of peanuts! hence why my eyes lit up when I saw them.
I wished more companies would use other nuts instead of the nasty peanuts! but for some stupid reason they think peanuts are the only nuts worth putting flavor to :rolleyes:

TB - LOL I wouldnt doubt it, they probablly placed a uncut hab in the spice mixture then took it out, kinda like PMD bbq sauce :lol:

Back