• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Blueberry seeds?

I am in Canada and am trying to find blue berry seeds. All I have found so far is seedman.com but I had very poor results with his pepper seeds. Does anyone know of any sites that ship international ?

this group is in your backyard.
http://www.seed-bank.ca/blueberry-seeds/#cid=9322

and while there, pick up some goji's.

or you can do what i did and buy a small container of blueberries, deseed them, dry the seeds, put them into a baggie and pop them into the freezer for 3 months. which reminds...... i had better pull my baggie from the freezer and see if they germinate. the ones i test sampled, without freezing, didn't germinate.

good luck.

this group is in your backyard.
http://www.seed-bank...seeds/#cid=9322

and while there, pick up some goji's.

or you can do what i did and buy a small container of blueberries, deseed them, dry the seeds, put them into a baggie and pop them into the freezer for 3 months. which reminds...... i had better pull my baggie from the freezer and see if they germinate. the ones i test sampled, without freezing, didn't germinate.

good luck.

Thanks a lot for the source. I will buy from them. Never heard of Goji berries but the mrs did and wants some as well so ill get those! I tried searching blueberry seeds canada and found nothing more than pot websites lol

i have a wild blueberry bush/tree growing on the edge of my garden, and i dont tend to it at all. Im a Canadian as well and can save some seed for you if you like. I'm not sure how many berries are on it, but if there is any... they would be dried up and ready for seed saving. Just PM me if you;d like me to send you some

cheers

EDIT: I also just thought of it. British Columbia, in the vancouver area is very well known for its blueberry farming. There are thousands of berry farmers on the west coast. That could narrow your search a little.

there are millions of blueberry bushes all throughout northern ontario. a quick fishing trip up to the muskokas(about 2 hours north of him) and he can dig up wild blueberries. here is a hint: barrie, orillia, bracebridge, sunridge, north bay....all the way across to timmons. the list is end list. all he has to do is take an afternoon drive up highway 11 and he would be in blueberry heaven.

there are millions of blueberry bushes all throughout northern ontario. a quick fishing trip up to the muskokas(about 2 hours north of him) and he can dig up wild blueberries. here is a hint: barrie, orillia, bracebridge, sunridge, north bay....all the way across to timmons. the list is end list. all he has to do is take an afternoon drive up highway 11 and he would be in blueberry heaven.

Not a bad idea. Would save me years of waiting but theres something about growing from seed that is so rewarding. No seedlings yet but its only been a week an d a half. Lots of strawberry seedlings and my first Goji came up overnight too

Back