• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bob65 2018 GLOG

I thought I would give this grow log thing a go.

It is winter here now, so I have bought a grow tent and some lights and will try and keep some plants alive until I can get them outside once it warms up again. Keeping them alive may be a big ask because inside my house has historically been where plants go to die.

Anyway, a while ago I bought some seeds from ebay, before I had any idea about ebay seed sellers. Since then I have done some searching on this seller, and he seems legit. Also sells through a website. I guess only time will tell if the seeds I got are the ones that I wanted.

So, I decided to plant some chilli cha cha (from the ebay seller) and some orange habs harvested from my plants last season. I chose these because I figured it would be no great loss if they didn't survive, the ebay seeds because they are ebay seeds, and the habs because I have heaps of them. I will be planting some Aji Cito later in the month as well.

So I put some seeds in jiffy pellets and had 100% germination rate. The cha cha within days, but the habs took a little longer.

They have since been transplanted into small pots.

They are only little at the moment but they look pretty healthy to me.

Chilli cha cha.

0006 1.06.18.jpg

Orange Habs

0007 1.06.18.jpg

Good luck Bob and I'm sure they will do just fine.
Looks like you got the start up well sorted there.
Any more details on your indoor setup?

I have tried to keep the set up simple since it is my first go at doing this.

It is a 4' x 2' tent, with a Viparspectra light and 2 cheapie ebay ufos.

A couple of 12v fans blowing on the plants and another exhaust fan exchanging the air in there.

And I have a heat mat hooked up to a thermostat to come on when the temp drops below 20°C, which it only ever does when the lights are off.

The lights seem to keep it around 24°C.

Weekly update

Chilli cha cha

0011 17.06.18 cha cha.jpg

0012 17.06.18 cha cha.jpg

Habs

0013 17.06.18 habs.jpg

0014 17.06.18 habs.jpg

I chose these particular seeds to try to learn and make mistakes on, and not be too disappointed if I lost them. 

It seems as though I am doing the right thing with them (or at least not doing the wrong thing) and am starting to feel more confident.

Will start adding more varieties to them over the coming weeks now. Will have to start with the Aji Cito next week.   ;)

bob65 said:
Weekly update

I chose these particular seeds to try to learn and make mistakes on, and not be too disappointed if I lost them. 

It seems as though I am doing the right thing with them (or at least not doing the wrong thing) and am starting to feel more confident.

Will start adding more varieties to them over the coming weeks now. Will have to start with the Aji Cito next week.   ;)

Looking mighty fine Bob. I'd like to see those plants in some normal light to compare against some of my past plant photos.

I found I got really dark compact leaves with the purple light.  Be a good test to throw in a 10w 4000k LED bulb (edison or E27) with the purple and compare say after two weeks.

You might find leaves will bulk up and get bigger with the additional spectrum.

Just a thought.

Interesting. All this grow light teckernology is new to me.

I bought the viparspectra light because it is full spectrum, but I have only been running it on veg with the bloom turned off (just blue light not purple). I am running 2 ufo lights in there as well which are blue and purple all the time. Should I be running the bloom lights of the viparspectra as well?

Do you think a 4000k light would make a difference? I guess it wouldn't hurt anything to try.

Progress report.

Photos taken in natural light.

Cha Cha

0017 24.06.18 cha.jpg

Habs

0018 24.06.18 habs.jpg

I also started off some more seeds

0015 23.06.18.jpg

So my grow list so far is

Chilli Cha Cha
Orange Habanero
Aji Cito
Goronong
Yaki Blue
Hungarian Wax

Will be more to come yet.

Nice to see the gals in some natural light thanks Bob.

All looks good and they all look like clones of each other. So similar in size and appearance.

Weekly progress report.

Going well, they are a little bigger.

Cha Cha

0022 01.07.18 cha cha.jpg

Habs

0024 01.07.18 habs.jpg

The cha cha are growing buds all over them. They had half a dozen or so on each last week, which I took off. But they seem to have grown maybe 20 or so since then in return. I don't think I will worry about taking them off this time, if they grow they grow.

0023 01.07.18 cha cha.jpg

Some progress with the other seeds that I planted last week.

The Aji Cito have all germinated but with helmet heads.

A couple of the Hungarian Wax have just started to poke through the surface.

Not much else is happening yet.

I little bit has happened since my last update.

Firstly, I turned the bloom light on of the vipaspectra light just to see what would happen.

Went back and checked an hour or so later and the grow tent was at 38°C, so I have cooked them a little bit. The habs seem ok, a few leaves have dropped but that is about it. The cha cha has taken it a bit personally though. I don't think I have killed them but they are not looking real healthy at the moment. Time will tell though.

The hungarian wax that I thought was sprouting didn't happen. Not sure what I thought I was seeing before but no movement there at all.

So, of the seeds that I had planted up to this point the following have sprouted.

Cha cha x 4 (but may have cooked them)
Orange habs x 6
Aji Cito x 7
Yaki Blue x 2
Fresno x 1
Goronong x 1 (this one is still tiny even though it sprouted at the same time as all the others)

0032 14.07.18 repotted.jpg

I am going to plant more of the fresnos, the goronong and the hungarian wax to try for some more of them.

Now, seeing as though last frost should be not much more than a month away, I have planted some more seeds.

Hangjiao #8
Um Ji Put
Monkey Face Red
Trepadeira Warner
Sugar Rush Peach
Padron
Aji Pineapple
Aji Fantasy White
Aji Rojo
Blondie
Barbere Coffee Brown
Malaysian Green
Red Habanero
Purple UFO
Yellow Siam

I will keep the updates going if and when they start to sprout.

Great list.
Perpetual germination. That's about what I'm doing at the moment. I can't wait for Spring.
Best of luck to you.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back