• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Bode Roxa cross

I reviewed some pods from Pr0digal_son last year and among them was an unknown Bode Roxa cross. I kept seeds and grew out 5 plants this year. 4 of the purple plants have the same shape, size and coloration as the initial cross (red pods below). However, one of them has peach-coloured pods (2nd photo). 

Red pods

Peach pods

This is the review I did last year,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeQyEQiAleg&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Thanks to you I had several Cumari Do Para growing this year and really loved them. Looks like I will have to now seek out the Bode Roxa now, especially if its sweeter in flavor. I also really like the sightly grassy undertones of flavor like the TS Mustard Scorpion. Sounds like this one has that as well. Thanks Nigel good review. 

my friend grows it almost every year but did not see it in his field this season, i never tried this one and up till just now i did not know its full name was BODE ROXA my friend just called it BODE

great review as usual

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
my friend grows it almost every year but did not see it in his field this season, i never tried this one and up till just now i did not know its full name was BODE ROXA my friend just called it BODE

great review as usual

thanks your friend Joe

Hey, Joe.  Actually Mr. Weaver had some Bode growning.  Handful of plants.  His Bode pods were not very tasty at all.  Seedy.  Very little flavor at all.  There was one interesting little plant in the Bodes that had brown pods.  Those were more interesting.  Better flavor, less seedy, and some nice, slow-building heat as well.

jblo said:

Hey, Joe.  Actually Mr. Weaver had some Bode growning.  Handful of plants.  His Bode pods were not very tasty at all.  Seedy.  Very little flavor at all.  There was one interesting little plant in the Bodes that had brown pods.  Those were more interesting.  Better flavor, less seedy, and some nice, slow-building heat as well.
thanks i had not gotten to the farm much this year year

your friend Joe

Back