Bold Badger Mystery Seed Giveaway

In 2018 I started removing most of the seeds from my peppers before saucing them.  Consequently I wound up with a giant pile of seeds.  It seemed like a waste to just toss them in the compost pile, so I decided I'd give them away to other chili heads.  They're all mixed together so you won't know what they are until you grow them out, hence the mystery.  Below is the layout of my 2018 garden, the big spot and both community garden spots.  The majority of the seeds came from the yellow 7 pots and scotch bonnets, but there are several other varieties in the mix as well.  Further adding to the mystery, I had quite a few volunteers come up from last year at the big spot.  So not only is there the potential for a plant to have crossed with a 2018 plant nearby, it may have also crossed with the plants I grew in that part of the garden in 2017, which themselves may have been crossed with one of the nearby plants from that year.  The 2017 layout is also displayed below.  Using the layout diagrams you may be better able to figure out what you have if you do wind up with a weird cross.  Fun eh?  No matter what comes up, I can guarantee it'll be a chinense variety with plenty of heat.

For more information about the last two years grows, see my grow logs:

2017 grow log: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/64240-2017-grow-log-200-plants-30-varieties/

2018 grow log: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/68464-bold-badger-2018-grow-log/

The first 10 people to reply to this thread will get a free cup of seeds, for everyone else I'm going to charge $3.75 for shipping.  For that price you'll get one dry cup of seeds, with placentas still attached.  I value my precious mucus membranes too much to try to separate them.  Just stirring them around while they were drying would effectively pepper spray the whole room.  Also I'm lazy.  You can expect to get several hundred seeds, so it's still a pretty good deal.  If they don't germinate for you just let me know and I'll happily refund the money.

Note that I'm also throwing in the same quantity of seeds with every sauce order, from one bottle on up.  So if you want to pay a few bucks more you'll get seeds AND a bottle of sauce.

Here's a link to the free seeds (for $3.75) on my site:  https://www.boldbadgersauces.com/2018-mystery-seeds.html

Here's a picture of the approximate amount of seeds you'll get, with a can of beans for reference:

mysteryseeds.jpg

Here's the 2018 layout at the big spot and the two community garden spots.  The seeds all came from these.

layout1_2018.jpg

2018 community garden 1:

layout2_2018.jpg

And community garden 2:

layout3_2018.jpg

And here's the layout at the big spot from 2017:

layout1_2017.jpg

Grow them out and you might just find your new favorite pepper!

I'd like in, but also might get a couple bottles of your sauce, you that 7 pot or the chipotle in stock again this year?

Boarider said:
I'd like in, but also might get a couple bottles of your sauce, you that 7 pot or the chipotle in stock again this year?

Cool, you're one of the first 10 people so if you just want the free seeds PM me a shipping address and I'll get them in the mail ASAP.  I still have some chipotle up on my site from last year, but I'll have a new batch of it and more of the yellow 7 pot when I get the new stuff bottled.

Im really late, but im really interested in your seeds. May I ask if you have any seeds left to spare? too bad im not in first 10..

Back