• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bonchi October 2015 start

This weekend going to -2c, right now 1c so good time to start.
First plant is the Tinker Bell, a very sweet mini pepper, no heat, was going to leav him out but thought better of it, this is the second crop he produced so does really good. I transplanted him in a small pot and waiting for the peppers to ripen before I trim the branches.

PA034031_TinkerBellPeppersBonchi-800_zpsrq3rs6yp.jpg

The second is a Red Habanero that didn't produce anything this year. Repotted him, used 2/3 vermiculite to 1 part CM compost.

PA034036_RedHabaneroBonchi-900_zpsh80rzmgc.jpg

The rest will follow as they ripen :)

Cool!! :) I will try to make some bonchis too. Think my Murupi Amarela will do well as a bonchi.
Looking forward for some updates! :)

Thanks!
No I tosses a few together, was going to separate them later lol
The Scotch Bonnet was the same, it was wrapped around another and I separated him, he looks1/4 the thickness the other one does, so hope hes not substandard.
My Red Habanero also looks not that great, no leaves yet but does look like some micro growth at some points, trimmed a few more branches from it so its got one offshoot from the main stem now. Maybe start from seeds again.

dragonsfire said:
Thanks!
No I tosses a few together, was going to separate them later lol
The Scotch Bonnet was the same, it was wrapped around another and I separated him, he looks1/4 the thickness the other one does, so hope hes not substandard.
My Red Habanero also looks not that great, no leaves yet but does look like some micro growth at some points, trimmed a few more branches from it so its got one offshoot from the main stem now. Maybe start from seeds again.
be patient with the red hab, it will come back. Some of mine had no leaves and now pruning few times a week!

I found two bonsai pots this weekend at a thrift store for $2 each. I was initially looking for glazed ceramic containers/bowls which I will drill drain holes in. Great place to find ceramics for cheap!

dragonsfire said:
One more, the Thai, Should I shorten the stem?

_A215207_ThaiBonchi-700_zpswmhkqy2d.jpg
I've been trying to keep mine less than 12", give or take a few inches. They range from 7-16" from soil line. It all depends on the shape you want, what kind of lighting, are you going to grow it out next season?

Back