Bonchi Questions

Hello Everyone,

To being I have read fatalli's guide which is very very comprehensive and personally i think this idea is the coolest thing ever, especially being from Canada where it is a little harder to grow year round and such without expensive  + space consuming grow setups indoors.

That being said I just had a few questions that actually may be in fatallis guide but i was skimming it late last night so I figure I would come straight to the source.

First off when transplanting the pepper to the bonsai pot do you layer potting soil underneath and then ontop of the root ball like you would normal transplanting?

number 2 is how often do these small pepper trees need to be watered / how much?

#3 how often do you need to add nutes ( since such low amount of soil is used)

Finally how long will these trees live / produce pods if properly watered fed ect.?

Thanks in advance guys, always alot of help and am proud to be a member of this great community!!

-Steve

Okay first off yes you will layer the soil above and beneath but when you transplant make sure you create a very very very good soil so your plant will be happier because its going to go through a lot of stress.
Watering and nutes depends on the plant and the soil.
Peppers can live for years but production may take a dip after the third year but keep in mind bonchis will have a lower production anyways because they are miniature.
I'm using tepins and wilds to bonchi. Because smaller pods match the miniature tree. The bonchi that I have about a month away from being "done" is my chiltepin Amarillo.

i have a couple questions myself if you dont mind me asking too

1.a)when planting them can you do it while the stem is still greenish?
   b)will the stem eventually turn woody?

2. i also would like to know how often people water their bonchi?

3. hard to tell from pictures but how thick are your guys stems?

thanks

Balduvian said:
i have a couple questions myself if you dont mind me asking too

1.a)when planting them can you do it while the stem is still greenish?
   b)will the stem eventually turn woody?

Yes it will take a long time, but it won't really get thicker. That's why it's better to start with a huge plant that already has a thick woody stem. Size drives this more than age.

2. i also would like to know how often people water their bonchi?

Every day or every other day.

3. hard to tell from pictures but how thick are your guys stems?

anything that's about 3/4 inch or over will look good IMO

Back