• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bonda me Jacques. Bahamian goat pepper. Grow or no grow?!

Should they make the cut for the 2013 growlist. ?! Tell me why in your opinion. Aside from the care of the grower. Are they good yielders?! Are they good for powdering or fresh is best ?! Any good recipes that you'd like to share ?!

i was disappointed with the bonda, still have one in hydro. i didn't get the sweet citrus taste as described by others - i just got the traditional hab flavour, that i could have gotten from a dozen other types. the pods that i did get seemed to produce a lot of seeds considering the pods were quite small.

only comment on the goat is that others described it as tasty, that's a good starting point.

good growing in 2013

Grow Bondas!
Amazing flavor, high end habanero heat, strong plant.
Worked both fresh and powdered for me.

DSC04702.jpg

Cya

Datil

Greg. For me this is a rhetorical question :). But by posting this. I hope to open up this pepper to everyone else lost in the mix of super hots.

Plus I haven't tasted this pepper as a powder yet or cooked in anything. I've only tasted both peppers fresh and would like to known more uses for them. Hence the * share your recipe *.

" ... Bahamian goat pepper. Grow or no grow?!"
Should they make the cut for the 2013 growlist.?!
Only if you wana make killer:
  • Fish Chowder (made with grouper, tomatoes, goat pepper dark rum and lime juice)
  • Conch Fritters
  • Conch Chowder
  • Conch Salad
  • Scorched Conch
  • Curried Mutton
  • Racoon Stew (btw only thing here I've not tried ... yet, hehe)

Only if you wana make killer:
  • Fish Chowder (made with grouper, tomatoes, goat pepper dark rum and lime juice)
  • Conch Fritters
  • Conch Chowder
  • Conch Salad
  • Scorched Conch
  • Curried Mutton
  • Racoon Stew (btw only thing here I've not tried ... yet, hehe)
Please share the recipe or post a link for us all

I only had the Goat's last season and the although I didn't have a big harvest of them (planted them really late in season) the flavor was really great. So you definitely gotta give em a try!

Both are the first varieties chosen each season now for me no questions asked. Simply fantastic taste. I eat them both fresh more then any other chilli I have (except yellow 7) no need for a recipe just cut and put on favourite dish !!

I grew the Goat last year and it did great! I love the flavor, it was unique.

Is the flavor of the Bonda similar to a Fatalii???

Edited for Spelling...

Back