• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bone meal

hey guys

i just bought a thing of bone meal but now i'm starting to doubt whether it works well for peppers/tomatoes. it probably does but until someone with experience tells me it does i know it's gonna eat me up inside lol thanks!

Bone meal and Blood meal both work for peppers and all vegetables for that matter. Just like any ferts. Don't over do it and you will see the results for yourself!

Happy gardening!
Charles

i use 1 table spoon mixed in a 5 gal. bucket of potting soil,my peppers and toms. do great. i haven't had any blossum end rot since using bone meal.

cjbrewer5 said:
Bone meal and Blood meal both work for peppers and all vegetables for that matter. Just like any ferts. Don't over do it and you will see the results for yourself!

Happy gardening!
Charles

Thanks! I think it has an NPK of 4-10-2 so it should work fine!

WGB said:
i use 1 table spoon mixed in a 5 gal. bucket of potting soil,my peppers and toms. do great. i haven't had any blossum end rot since using bone meal.

and is that the only fertilizer you use? i use peat moss and coco coir, should i stick to that formula as well? thanks for the help!

I am prob applying wrong but i just sprinkle/ top dress with appropriate amount, then it just waters in during waterings. bone meal is good for blossoming. blood meal for veg growth. I guess i would mix in your medium the blood meal thne top dress with the bone meal when APpropriate just my 2 cents

Back