• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bonnet Troubles...

Ok, so this little guy has struggled all season from the day I brought it home from the nursery -- at which time it was already late in the season and it had outgrown it's pot probably 2x over. Since then I've gotten just over a dozen very nice pods, but compared to the habs it's been very unproductive.

Also, the original foliage was MUCH fuller and the leaf-size much much larger.

I am going to overwinter and hope to nurse it back to health for next spring.

So, any idea on what the issue here is?

I've tried so far: watering less, watering more, fungal spray, cut off from ferts, normal ferts, less sun and LOADS of sun (liquid dropper type used at about 1/2 suggested strength -- which is what I used across the board with great results otherwise). One at a time over the whole summer. (Had some help while I was away.)

A pic is worth a thousand words, so without further ado:

47ph.jpg

exl6.jpg

vmet.jpg

Thanks for looking and taking the time to respond, your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Try some sort of fungicide spray, looks like blight or leaf spot. If you have any plants that arent troubled, quarentine them. I use bonide fruit and nut spray for a sick roatan habanero and a barrackpore, which MIGHT be helping them recover, not sure as its only been a few days. Said spray works for mites and most fungus, as well as some bacteria, so its worth a shot. Hope they get better.

Back