• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonnie Cubanellas Peppers

I purchase Bonnie cubanelle Peppers this spring. As of now they have produce about 3 Peppers each plant however none of them have the flavor of a true cubanela. They basically taste like air. Any suggestions on this.

I have one, its produced over ten peppers they were good on the sandwiches I made, picked them green so this one could ripen.

Have you tried harvesting in the evening after it cools down? Ive noticed that they seem to taste a little better after the heat of the day is off of them and theyre able to rehydrate a little before harvesting.

I like to harvest in the am. Never in the pm when it's a 100+ here. They also have odd shapes I'll post pics tonight. Walchit, is yours bonnie. I got mine HD. I went to a local nursery and but some more going to see how they do.

I have 3 of them. I got 3-4 peppers off of each one before the 95+ degree temps hit, but they haven't done much of anything since then. They basically tasted like a Bell, just a little sweeter. I ended up stuffing them and they turned out pretty good. Really liked the peppers, just wish they would have produced more. They just dont seem to like the heat, so a shade cloth or a more shady spot in the yard may help with that. May experiment with that next year. Hopefully they will come back for another harvest in the Fall.

The bonnie tomato plants I have are all deseised or something, but the peppers seem to be good, maybe its the soil mix or pH idk

Hey whats up Walchit? Thanks for those seeds. How is your grow coming along? My peppers got some much needed rain tonight. It was ouring buckets up here in Leavenworth. Did you get much in Top City?

What about epsom salt? Some of the reading I've done on it mentions that it makes crops taste better..

Edmick said:
What about epsom salt? Some of the reading I've done on it mentions that it makes crops taste better..
I've given them a dose or two. I've some more coming out hopefully these are tastier. Got four more plants from a local nursery Mesquite Velly Growers they seem to be legit. Will update.

Back