• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonnie plant thread! post your plants and success/failures

fewer and fewer pods on the plants now. still a few more to go. pickled a quart of jalas and fresnos and just shy of a quart of cowhorns. first pic is todays pick. second pic is the ones that were pickled. 

20190904_181016_resized.jpg

20190904_184903_resized.jpg

20190904_192548_resized.jpg

i`ve been drying pods for a while and loaded up. 

20190904_192144_resized.jpg

some of the plants are still flowering and budding but with only a month away from first frost they won`t make to full size and ripen. still getting a few here and there. this is today`s small haul. i`m still getting tomatoes and i still have small cukes on the vines. 

20190912_180411_resized.jpg

i let this bonnie plant glog go dormant because of a back injury in late september. because i was laid up my wife decided to pull the plants that were in containers before the first frost as she didn`t want to keep up with the watering regiment. the last picture above with mostly green pods was the last harvest of container plants. i had 2 mad hatter plants and 2 or 3 cherry tomato plants in the ground and i asked her to leave them in as the needed less watering. its supposed to hit 32 degrees tonight so this is our final pick. quite a few mad hatter pods that i hope will ripen. the cherry tomatoes were also bonnie brand. there are a couple hundred picked today and we easily picked a couple thousand throughout the season. the weather this year wasn't the best but still got a decent harvest from these bonnie plants. 

20191102_124016_resized.jpg

20191102_133418_resized.jpg

Back