• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonnie plant thread! post your plants and success/failures

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
 how do you prepare them?

attachicon.gif
20190703_211202_resized.jpg

Exactly like that....maybe a bit more cooked, but in a blistering hot cast iron skillet with some EVOO, then salt with some crunchy finishing, or sea salt, after cooking.  They look right.

my plants are chugging along nicely. i have some really hot days ahead and i hope it doesn't cause flower drop. 

this ghost filled out nicely and has lots of flowers and starting to pod up.

20190716_181005_resized.jpg

chili red

20190716_180952_resized.jpg

Habanero

20190716_180939_resized.jpg

cowhorn

20190716_180921_resized.jpg

mucho nacho

20190716_180915_resized.jpg

this one i am confused. anyone have an idea what pepper it is? i tried to keep the tags with each plant but lost a couple. i bought chili red and dragon cayenne which are similar shape but grow upright. these are thin and growing down.

20190716_180903_resized.jpg

serrano loading up with pods.  :cheers:

20190716_180830_resized.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I'll post up some pictures assuming anything survives these 5 days of triple digits I am in....
good luck! hot here too but not that hot. were are at mid 90`s with heat index up to 110. no shade cloth. 

I would love to show you my peppers. Hurricane Barry sent them flying despite being in 5 gallon buckets. No signs of buckets or plants in fields around me either. Pepperless this season unless people on the forums are selling peppers in FRB’s again. Will give em hell again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactorpwr said:
I would love to show you my peppers. Hurricane Barry sent them flying despite being in 5 gallon buckets. No signs of buckets or plants in fields around me either. Pepperless this season unless people on the forums are selling peppers in FRB’s again. Will give em hell again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it sucks that you lost your plants. don`t give up tho, get more going next year. i may have a couple of FRB`s later this season. 

I only have two remaining Bonnie plants.

Just cant get my plants this yr to actually grow.

I suspect to much blood meal at plant roots when transplanted, despite growing in premium rich potting soil (Fox farm)

I've neglected my grow this yr, lacking in every aspect possible.

Here's my Jalepeno mucho gusto or whatever you call it.

20190728_085002.jpg

And my Cowhorn, nice looking pods but again plant size is far less than it should be.

20190728_085020.jpg

At least I'll get seeds from each and put together a better plan for next season. No bad reflection on bonnie plants, just my laziness getting the better of me this season.

Masher said:
I only have two remaining Bonnie plants.

Just cant get my plants this yr to actually grow.

I suspect to much blood meal at plant roots when transplanted, despite growing in premium rich potting soil (Fox farm)

I've neglected my grow this yr, lacking in every aspect possible.

Here's my Jalepeno mucho gusto or whatever you call it.

attachicon.gif
20190728_085002.jpg

And my Cowhorn, nice looking pods but again plant size is far less than it should be.

attachicon.gif
20190728_085020.jpg

At least I'll get seeds from each and put together a better plan for next season. No bad reflection on bonnie plants, just my laziness getting the better of me this season.
i think that if you are starting with premium potting mix that you don`t need to add blood meal. i add a little bagged compost like black kow or mushroom compost but that is all. with that said i can say some of my plants are doing great and a couple seem to be lagging behind and i`m not sure why. my jalapenos and cowhorns seem to be putting out less pods than past years. i imagine weather plays a part. 

Back