• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bonsai ?

Have any of the addicts here ever messed around with Bonsai Pepper plants. If so is it difficult etc... It looks like an interesting hobby above aqnd beyond regular gardens...

I dwarf a lot of my plants for overwintering but I always end up bringing them back into fully productive plants for spring/summer. I keep saying I'll leave one small and fancied up but its dificult when you know the potential of a good over-wintered plant

Here's a great tutorial for those who haven't seen it yet
http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=105

When some sort of virus almost wiped out all my plants including my 3 overwintered plants which were starting to produce at the time, I chopped them right back to stumps and just left them in the garden, then they started putting out new growth I though I'll use them as bonsai experiments (pretty boring straight trunks) maybe learn something from them, and start some plants next season for the specific purpose of turning them into bonsai i.e. Train the stems and branches as it grows through the season

Back