bottles-jars bottles?

Ok I know when we cook our sauces we always use a "non reactive" pot/kettle...usually it's stainless steel. Now I have been looking at different bottles. I found that alot of the bottle suppliers also carry aluminum bottles. Can we put our hot sauces and bbq sauces into an aluminum bottle or will the sauce react with the aluminum or will the sauce pick up that "aluminum flavor"?? Just wondering....

It's not empirical data, I think it would pick up some of the aluminum flavor. Beer and soda in cans tend to, so I would think a hot sauce would too as it is probably at least as acidic as soda, and therefore just as apt to pull some aluminum from the surface.

As a secondary concern...with an aluminum bottle your sauce can't be seen from the outside, which might deter some potential customers when its on the shelf.

Ask Danny Cash or Crazy Jerry. I don't think not seeing the sauce deters customers.
When people see NOS or Mustard Gas, it's catches their eye and they buy it.
I think it might depend if you're doing a hot or cold pour as well. I have no idea if temperature would affect the "taste" after the product is poured.
Although for me, I like to see the consistency of what I'm getting myself into.
For instance, I love Cajohn's Purees, because I can see the pepper solids sitting in there just waiting to be eaten.
We've never thought about aluminum, cost prohibitive for us, but it's been done successfully before.

I was just wondering...Did not think about not seeing the product....Just lookin for something to be different and stand out a lil more. I have a few other ideas also...Thanks guys!

Back