bottles-jars Bottles?

Does anyone know of a local place to buy bottles in Illinois (plastic and glass.....still deciding which way to go). I would like to avoid the shipping charges if possible and pick it up on my own. I'm not looking to buy too many at this point. Maybe around 100.

Thanks,
Paul

greeting chi-town-

Here's a thread for you-
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/13773-where-do-you-get-your-5-oz-woozy-bottles-from-lowest-cost/

Some of the prices quoted may be outdated, but it'll get you started.

If your looking for bottles for sauces, you'll most likely need glass. Most homemade sauces need to be hot packed at 180+ (check out Making Hot Sauce 101) and plastic bottle have a very narrow temperature margin where the sauce is hot enough to be safe, but not too hot to melt the plastic.

Also, feel free to start a post in the "Welcome" section.

salsalady

I have ordered from both Freund Containers and http://www.bottlestore.com/ (the larger company is Oberk)

Most of these companies are distributors of other people's manufactured containers, so if you can find one that has a distribution center closer to you (despite where their headquarters are) you could maybe get cheaper shipping. I wish I could go pick up a bulk order, but can find no distribution centers in Texas.

I really would like to buy direct from a manufacturer...for the 5oz Woozies you probably can.

Chitownpeppers, I think Freund is either an Illinois or Ohio based company. So shipping may be cheaper.

If you decide to buy bottles over the internet, I highly recommend Fillmore Container. They have really scored some points with me... have 1.7 woozy samples, 5.0 oz woozy and 8's as well as a ton of other options, shrink wrapping, colored lids, etc.

I think i'm going to go with Freund and see if it makes sense for me to make the drive or just have them shipped. They are located about Streator, IL. Apparenly this used to be the "glass capital" back in the day (Wikipedia). They're located about 2 hrs south of Chicago so it might make more sense to have it shipped...but i'll need to do the math.

@Kalitarios I just picked up a case of the 1.7z Woozie's. Much more professional looking than the bottles I was handing out sauce to my friends in the past.

the only drawback of the 1.7oz woozies is that they aren't the best for medium or thick sauces. the neck is too narrow to allow a good pour without it backing up. If only they made a wide-neck 1.7.

I have found that 5oz woozies pour SOOO much better than the 1.7's

the only drawback of the 1.7oz woozies is that they aren't the best for medium or thick sauces. the neck is too narrow to allow a good pour without it backing up. If only they made a wide-neck 1.7.

I have found that 5oz woozies pour SOOO much better than the 1.7's

I found some 1.7 oz'ers that I can use the same funnel I use to fill my 5 oz'ers... they also have the square bottles in 1.7. Lids and shrink bands as well.

Check 'em out.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.aspx

Freund Container has free shipping on orders of $200 or more now, I tried to get them to do this
a year ago & they told me they wouldn't do it! LOL The competition must be getting to them!
link; www.freundcontainer.com/free-parcel-shipping/a/011/

Back