• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

bottom leaves dropping HELPPP!!!

whats wrong with this plant?

it came from this plant

and this is my other hab, shes completely naked on the bottom is that normal?im not freaking out or anything im just curious if theyre normal when they bud,flower and pod up

and last my Bhut Jolokia shes completely naked also on the bottom, this 3 plants came in the same batch in my aerogarden last mar13

I already mentioned this, but the mottling and the fact the leaves are falling off from the bottom up is not great news... I was just reading up on this a few days ago when a friend had some issues (shane aka stc something). Viral makes leaves fall off from the bottom up, bacterial from the top down.

It could be something else, and I'm not familiar (fortunately!) enough with the different issues to know whats what...

That was my concern Spongey - they were all in an aero garden together... so if it is a virus, it seems likely they would all be infected, no?

That was my concern Spongey - they were all in an aero garden together... so if it is a virus, it seems likely they would all be infected, no?

Correct, hence the name viral, which unfortunately looks like it might be. Unless his plants are not getting enough nutes, the plants would have to steal the nutes from bottom leaves and drop them to provide for new top growth

Correct, hence the name viral, which unfortunately looks like it might be. Unless his plants are not getting enough nutes, the plants would have to steal the nutes from bottom leaves and drop them to provide for new top growth

i feed them with worm tea last month and this month, if they viral ill just wait for the pods to ripen up and throw them away :tear:

my worm tea come with a organic fert 4-6-4 with calcium

K good I would feed the plant every two weeks instead of monthly. But thats just me. It also looks like you have multiple plants to one pot. For future reference its better to have one plant per pot. Correct me if I'm seeing the pics wrong

K good I would feed the plant every two weeks instead of monthly. But thats just me. It also looks like you have multiple plants to one pot. For future reference its better to have one plant per pot. Correct me if I'm seeing the pics wrong
t
they all 1 plant with tons of branching my bhut has 5 branch out from the bottom and 4 on my habs, and yea i feed them every 2 weeks, i think this happen before i started feeding them with my tea, i just didn't pay attention to whats happening to them, because i thought its normal since theyre budding, floweing now podding up

t
they all 1 plant with tons of branching my bhut has 5 branch out from the bottom and 4 on my habs, and yea i feed them every 2 weeks, i think this happen before i started feeding them with my tea, i just didn't pay attention to whats happening to them, because i thought its normal since theyre budding, floweing now podding up

Interesting, you must have buried the main stem

Try fertilizing them. I had a plant with bad leaf drop and I couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. I fed it some fert and bam! New growth and no more leaf drop!!! :)

I use 10-30-10(granular-slow release) on damn near anything that fruits.
When it first buds I hit'em with a cheap 202020 foliar followed by Kilol fungi-bactericidal the following day(s). Depends on how much rain we get.
If you have an agriculture office close by take them some soil.Are you rolling your own or using a brand name mix ?
EDIT:
15 years ago I'da said mail them a sample but if it has any Pearlite in the mix you might see a drone fly over. ;)

I use 10-30-10(granular-slow release) on damn near anything that fruits.
When it first buds I hit'em with a cheap 202020 foliar followed by Kilol fungi-bactericidal the following day(s). Depends on how much rain we get.
If you have an agriculture office close by take them some soil.Are you rolling your own or using a brand name mix ?

for those 3 plants i used MG potting and MG moisture control and some wormcastings,

I have had plants and do have plants that look like that from too much water or soil staying moist too long. Miracle grow is not good. I would try to let them dry out real good and change the soil before I say they are viral.

I have had plants and do have plants that look like that from too much water or soil staying moist too long. Miracle grow is not good. I would try to let them dry out real good and change the soil before I say they are viral.

is it ok to transfer them i new home while podding up?becase im just waiting for the pods to riped up so i can transfer them to bigger container but its not gonna be in smart pots they will go back to there black pots that i got i wanna put them on a 10gallon crib

Back