• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bottom Leaves Turning Yellow

Hi Guys,

I'm a first time grower and I've been pretty excited to get any results at all, but lately, a few of my taller plants have started yellowing their bottom leaves.

I uploaded a picture here: http://i.imgur.com/hzhTK.jpg

Any hints about what I would be doing wrong? I started giving them fertilizer on their last watering... but I'm not sure it this was the problem or something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Usually that is a watering issue. When the bottom leaves turn yellow, it is either overwatering or underwatering. I'd say, based on the slightly drooping leaves that it was underwatered a bit at first, and when watered again, it was overwatered.

you might be over watering or a little too much or strong of a fertilizer

please consider potting up to some bigger containers ( that may help )

they look pretty nice ( nice dark green good job ) above those ugly yellowed leaves,
you might consider plucking those ugly ones off

good growing

:party:

i dont pluck any ugly leaves off until they are completely dying, and only to keep the bugs out. im sure those leaves are still supporting a lot of plant life as is.
Im not trying to counter act you nitwit... just suggesting how i do it and my suggestion.

your plants are otherwise very very healthy looking... great growing

I pluck mine so that they don't waste energy on dying leaves and focus on new growth. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I had the same problem; bottom leaves yellowing and slowly working up the rest of the plant. Pretty sure it wasn't a watering problem so I sprayed the leaves with Epsom salt and it seemed to bring the green back after a few days.

Back