• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Bought a Boat

I bought an old "new boat"...that's why I have not been around much lately...fishing my butt off...

this time of year is my favorite...3 days before the full moon in March (full moon is the 24th) until 3 days after the full moon in April...I usually can load up my freezer with crappie by may...and I have not had a mess of fresh crappie in about 10 years...things are going to change...

even though Lake Ray Roberts is 65 miles north of me, that is my favorite lake...I have fished it from the second year it was open to boat traffic...29,500 acres of beautiful water with large Black Bass, Crappie, and Catfish...you just have to find them...

the boat I bought this past Saturday was a 78 Ranger with a 150 Johnson on it...engine purrs and all works on the boat except the live wells which had been disconnected...that will be remedied over the next 3 or 4 days while I am waiting for the weather to settle down a bit...yesterday was gorgeous on the lake...calm to 5 knot winds and blue bird sky...may not be the best weather for fishing but I was very comfortable at 58-60 degrees...

I have had it in the water twice and there are absolutely no leaks...

caught 4 nice bass yesterday....3 bucks that were about 15-16 inches long and one female full of roe that weighed about 5...

"Set the hook"...

water should be low, perfect time to catch a mess of fish.

we fish right off the Rio Grande, usually 40 bass per 3 hour trip.

good to see you back....any peppers growing?

water should be low, perfect time to catch a mess of fish.

we fish right off the Rio Grande, usually 40 bass per 3 hour trip.

good to see you back....any peppers growing?

evidently the fishing down there is better than here plus your weather is warmer...I bet your water temperature is already mid to high 60s or maybe even low 70s...water temp here is at best 60-62...

may grow a few...my over winter purple bhut and what ever comes back from last year...I am pretty sure my wild tepins will come back...I usually have a few come back after the winter freezes but not many...

Floating pepper plants! :woohoo: Have fun AJ!

that gives me an idea...gorilla planting...there is an island in the middle of the lake with good sun exposure and the roots won't have to go far to get water...hmmmmmmmm...I may take a few plants and plant them there...

Have been two days to fish a little and run the boat...all is well...the old 80' 150 Johnson purrs and there are no leaks...

Gearing up for crappie...tomorrow (hopefully) will be my first crappie trip of the year....I need a freezer full...

Have been two days to fish a little and run the boat...all is well...the old 80' 150 Johnson purrs and there are no leaks...

Gearing up for crappie...tomorrow (hopefully) will be my first crappie trip of the year....I need a freezer full...

You going live shad for bait or a shad pattern? How about chartreuse slabs?

A pity.

I haven't had my yak in Lake Lewisville since last october.

And I never got to get up to RR.

I sure do appreciate that AJ.

mrs. blues has got me tied up for all of next month but after that....

Should be plenty of good fishin' goin' on then.

Pray for rain.

Lewisville is way down.

Good luck on the water tomorrow AJ. I hope you catch a bucket full. I love crappie. Used to catch them by the bucketful when I was a kid ice fishing. Pan fried, they are some of the best eating fish I have ever had. Take some pics of the boat, the lake, and the catch.

Wow THP covers all my needs.... Went to Falcon in Feb and going to Amistad this weekend. Caught this beauty on crank at falcon.

photo.jpg

Back