• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bought a good sprayer

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Im jelly... what it cost you?

I like that it is all metal!

Does that have back straps?

I wonder if somebody makes a rechargeable electric one?

Edit:

They doooo...
XH200_1.jpg

Cayennemist said:

yup several people.  
shurflo,hudson,solo to name a few

Cayennemist said:

I always wanted to try building one with an air pump or something that could run from wire or battery, but worried about the pressure and went with a sump pump and dealt with dragging the hose around :D

Cayennemist said:

I like that it is all metal!

Edit:

They doooo...
XH200_1.jpg
I think it has a shoulder strap.
I got it for $80 and free shipping. They are usually around $90 or so but well worth it. Electric sprayer? Lazy ass! Haha ;)

Proud Marine Dad said:
I think it has a shoulder strap.
I got it for $80 and free shipping. They are usually around $90 or so but well worth it. Electric sprayer? Lazy ass! Haha ;)
:high:  Whooo me? :P

Honestly I have been watching way too much Pickers, because now I want to restore a an old antique one. Nothing gives you that feeling like something you put love in to and then it works. And for a lot of things now days, "they don't make them like they used to."

Made in the U.S., too!  :party: I picked up a 2 gallon sprayer made by RoundUp last year. The little "Made in America" label on the side of the box made it a very easy decision to pick that one over the other brands sold at the store.

Wouldn't anti-microbial be the opposite of what you're trying to do with compost teas? Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Just keep the ph of the sprayer contents neutral or alkaline and the copper will not be a problem.
However avoid ammonia in any form.

Jamison said:
Yes copper is indeed anti microbial.  

SanPatricio said:
Just keep the ph of the sprayer contents neutral or alkaline and the copper will not be a problem.
However avoid ammonia in any form.

Copper is not sounding good for a AACT sprayer....

Bummer, I love the look of aged green copper. You know that the Statue of liberty is made out of copper... The run off of liberty isle must do wonders for the surrounding ocean.

Cayennemist said:

Bummer, I love the look of aged green copper. You know that the Statue of liberty is made out of copper... The run of liberty isle must do wonders for the surrounding ocean.
Get a Chapin 1949. Far better. ;)

Cayennemist said:

Bummer, I love the look of aged green copper. You know that the Statue of liberty is made out of copper... The run off of liberty isle must do wonders for the surrounding ocean.

Actually I think the antimicrobial properties would be good because you get less foreign microbes to contaminate your AACT. As for what's in your soup, only those that are in contact with the copper surface would perish.

Of course, you would have to keep the PH up (per SanPatricio's reminder) to keep the copper from leaching, which would make a bad day for the microbes and eventually a big mess when it starts leaking...

Maybe an alloy might work? I'm not thinking Cu... Something aluminum based? But that wouldn't be sexy anymore.

plaisir8 said:

Maybe an alloy might work? I'm not thinking Cu... Something aluminum based? But that wouldn't be sexy anymore.
Sexy gardening, heh... This may call for a new thread, indeed.

Back