• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bought a Habanero but got this......What is it please?

As the title says I bought a seedling plant labelled as a habanero, just your regular orange variety.
It is relatively spicey but not as flavourful in my opinion as the orange hab, it has more of a capsicum flavour to it.

In this pictue I have pitted it against a frozen orange hab I have left over from last year.

Thanks Guys and girls

I think the calyx looks like an annuum's.

Trev1123 said:
As the title says I bought a seedling plant labelled as a habanero, just your regular orange variety.
It is relatively spicey but not as flavourful in my opinion as the orange hab, it has more of a capsicum flavor to it.
Do you mean an annuum flavor?

At a wild guess, i wonder if this might be a Jamaican Yellow Mushroom Pepper, or a hybrid of one.

It looks like capsicum annuum. The calyx is off for c. chinese. The leaves are also very narrow like c. annuum. That's not a habanero. Way too thick for a hab and the shape, including size, is wrong. Is it sweet?

Dulac said:
It looks like capsicum annuum. The calyx is off for c. chinese. The leaves are also very narrow like c. annuum. That's not a habanero. Way too thick for a hab and the shape, including size, is wrong. Is it sweet?

You guys that are pushing for it to be an annuum are not noticing that there are two fruits on most of the nodes.

Back