• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bought as Trinidad Moruga Scrorpian

I know i'm going to get ragged on for buying the seeds from Seeds Direct on Amazon, but i didn't know at the time that they are a unreliable seed source. Anyways, here's my "Trinidad Moruga Scrorpian" that i bought from them, can anyone ID these peppers? Kinda looks like a Habanero. Any ideas?
C8M5EmO.jpg

No worries. I've made the same mistake. Didn't get anything I ordered. But the good news is, I ended up with a surplus of habaneros! Those look like you may end up with the same, except they seem a good bit paler than habs.

I bought the same seeds on a whim :/

...out of the batch I have what appears to be growing: red savina's, some Naga variant, and actual TM scorpions - the all came from the same original batch of seeds. The ones you have there are growing identical to what look like my 'red savinas' from them.
Here's my other post, with the same plant I'm speaking of - (the first pic) and they ripen to bright red, and are hot as hell!
My "scorpion " peppers have yielded 4 different breeds, with some being true. This is one that's most definitely NOT a scorpion! No complaints though, as I lost count at around 100 on this plant thus far

...any ideas though?
Looks like a hab or savina variety to me, but I could really use some input.

And here's yet another "scorpion" from the same seed batch... Need some suggestions on this as well , I'm leaning towards a possible Naga of sorts?

Any ideas are welcome, I truly have now real idea of what these May be... All I know at this point is that their chinense of some sort.
...well it looks like the pics didn't show up for the updated part, check the similar thread I started to see the similarities

I too fell victim to the Seeds Direct listing for "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion" on Amazon from 2 years ago.  The few plants that produced last year and this year ended up being Red Savina Habaneros.  They are tasty and quite hot but perfect for salsa.  The plants put out a very prolific pod count over the course of the season.

Back