event Bowers 2014 anyone?

I was browsing the forums and came across a link to the Bowers Chile Pepper Festival this year, and it looks awesome!  This will be my first ever pepper festival and I literally cannot contain my excitement!  :dance:  :woohoo:  :dance:

So who all is going this year? Would love to meet some of y'all in person!

wont be there this year

my wife rented a cabin in the poconos, and the only opening was the week of the fest :tear:

have fun everyone :dance: :fireball: :onfire: :party:

thanks your friend joe

Justaguy said:
I will be there in the field in the morning then down to the festival.

Cyranx15 said:
I will be there with you again, family in tow when the field opens
Awesome! can't wait to possibly meet y'all there!  Can someone explain how this field works (i.e. does it cost anything, how much you can pick, etc.)?  It sounds amazing!

ajijoe said:
wont be there this year

my wife rented a cabin in the poconos, and the only opening was the week of the fest :tear:

have fun everyone :dance: :fireball: :onfire: :party:

thanks your friend joe
NOOO! I was looking forward to meeting you ajijoe! Wanted to be able to thank you in person for those wonderful seeds you gave me...

sreinhard88 said:

Awesome! can't wait to possibly meet y'all there!  Can someone explain how this field works (i.e. does it cost anything, how much you can pick, etc.)?  It sounds amazing!

NOOO! I was looking forward to meeting you ajijoe! Wanted to be able to thank you in person for those wonderful seeds you gave me...
so sorry my friend but no worries your very welcome just the same

thanks your friend Joe

Pick your own and the scales open at 10 or 11. If you see my logo on a shirt it is most likely me or my son. Or on an arm and it is me.
Got a convoy going down to watch the sun rise.

Justaguy said:
Pick your own and the scales open at 10 or 11. If you see my logo on a shirt it is most likely me or my son. Or on an arm and it is me.
Got a convoy going down to watch the sun rise.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for ya!  I'm not quite sure what my identifier will be yet (I'm thinking a red bead necklace with a chile pepper on it would be perfect assuming I can still find it)  So when you say the scales open at 10 or 11, does that mean you just pay per pound of peppers picked?

Basically you get out in the field and go crazy. It still amazes me the contraptions people bring to carry what they pick out of the field. Wheel barrels, modified shopping carts, flat bed hand trailers, or bags lady like, you will see it all.

Funny story, I was with my 10 year old son and we were picking i think yellow somethings 7 pots or something and this older gentleman asked if they were hot. I explained yeah they are pretty hot but i cant confirm till i get them home.. As i was explaining this and having already explained to my son you don't put any pepper you do not know about in your mouth, the man picked a rather large one and munched it. I felt so sorry for the guy as he went into full blown panic mode in the field. when this group, i assume family,  was surrounding him trying to calm him down i heard someone ask whats the hottest pepper he had tried before, he said Jalapeno....i shook my head, and my son said dad...they guy was not too bright.

Cant wait for more Bowers field adventures  =P

So my friend and I are looking for places to stay so we can go on both days, any campgrounds or hotels/motels nearby?  Would prefer a campground if possible...

Back