for-sale Box(es) of peppers sale

I went out and harvested most of the remainder of my hot peppers that I'll get this year and have a more than I'll need, so I thought I'd try to sell a few here and get some extra cash to buy some more seed for next year. These aren't super-hots, but they are good peppers. I've been enjoying them all month. I'll sell up to two boxes of the orange scotch bonnets and one box of the hot lemon peppers. I'll ship them via a small flat rate UPS box. I've played around with packing them and I think it'll amount to about 22 scotch bonnets per box and 40 of the hot lemon peppers in the box. I just picked them today, some have a bit of green on them so they should last through the shipping pretty well. I'm thinking $12 per box (which includes the $5 shipping), so for $12 you get peppers to your door. If you're interested:
1. Continental US only
2. It's coming via USPS flat rate box
3. Paypal only - within 12 hours please
4. Respond to this post and then PM me please

When I get the paypal notice I'll ship it right out and in my experience it'll get there in 2 days.
FYI - the Orange scotch bonnets were grown from seed I bought from Pepper Joe's website. The hot lemon peppers were from burpee - here is a link. I made a hot lemon pepper jelly from my first batch and it is wonderful.

Finally, here are some pics of the peppers:
scotch.jpg

lemon.jpg

I apologize if I'm wrong or missing something. I know these don't have shape of the yellow bonnets that I've seen. However, the seeds I got were through pepperjoe.com - I didn't order any habs, so I didn't mix them up in planting. They look like the scotch bonnets sold here: http://www.reimerseeds.com/jamaican-scotch-bonnet-hot-peppers-orange-strain-1.aspx
And they taste a bit different than the orange habs I've had.

So, if I am missing something, please let me know. I'm not trying to rip anyone off or anything.

I apologize if I'm wrong or missing something. I know these don't have shape of the yellow bonnets that I've seen. However, the seeds I got were through pepperjoe.com - I didn't order any habs, so I didn't mix them up in planting. They look like the scotch bonnets sold here: http://www.reimerseeds.com/jamaican-scotch-bonnet-hot-peppers-orange-strain-1.aspx

So, if I am missing something, please let me know. I'm not trying to rip anyone off or anything.
I think it is obvious that you are not trying to rip anyone off man. It has been my experience that many seed vendors aren't exactly correct in their seed identification. Those look just like what my neighbor grows which is the orange hab. Still tasty pods though.

those orange peppers look exactly like what was supposed to be a scotch bonnet plant i bought! exactly!

pulpiteer,
I am sure u r not trying to rip anyone off, in fact no one I have met on here has been anything less than generous, many of the seed vendors are mistaken in their identifications, or down right obfuscatory in their seed naming practices, after all many are just out to make a buck! However, orange habs can be delicious in their own right, i personally love them smoked, im just saying!
oh and P.S. I have never found anyone w/ anything good to say about Reimers seeds, all second hand knowledge but, I thought I would pass it along anyway, for next season consider AjiJoe, he has an amazing variety of seeds and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a hand full of seeds!

I have atually read a lot lately about these peppers. It is actually a new cross breed of peppers.

Finally after many years of incestuous breeding by ebay purveying seed growers. The “Orange Habanero Scotch Bonnett” has been perfected and is sold as both Oh and SB seeds to unsuspecting growers. ”OhSB” – for short. For some growers “OhSB” has come to stand for “Oh Son of a Bitch, I got burned with these seeds.”

I hope this helps explain this unfortunate situation. :rolleyes:

Martin

Thanks guys, live and learn I guess. Oh well - I did sell the hot lemon peppers, thanks Karl, and since the oranges weren't what I hoped they were I think the offer is closed. I'll just do a lot of freezing and drying. At least they are tasty, as many of you have pointed out.

I just thought I should follow up on this since I mentioned that I bought the seeds through pepperjoe.com
I emailed Joe today and sent a picture of the peppers and exchanged emails with a customer service rep who is now sending me a packet of Scotch Bonnet seeds. So... I feel foolish for getting confused :oops: , but appreciate the help straightening things out. And I wanted to make sure to add that Joe's company is trying to make it right, which I appreciate.

I think part of what threw me off, and I'm sure many of you have known this or take it for granted at this point, is that the orange habs I grew were so much larger and better tasting than I can get at a store anywhere near here I was willing to believe they were something different. Which is why we grow our own hot peppers.

Thanks again, Andy. Peppers arrived today, box overflowing with delicious fresh Aji Limons. I have tried three so far, and they are one of my new all-time favorite flavored peppers. Thanks again, and great job on the peppers, they turned out very well!

Karl

Back