• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bpiela 2021 glog Fingers Crossed

Some time has gone by and I am thinking I might be in the clear.  I am not 100% sure, but to this date, I have not seen any signs of bad pepper virus' or even bugs for that matter so I am going to attempt  to start a glog and hope for the best.

Today, I started potting up my baccatums and some annuums.  My chinense have been potted up and are looking fine.  To start out, here are a pic of my two grow shelves:

edxTWM3.jpg

4a9pQjz.jpg

I have seen pretty good germination rates this year.  Some of the older seeds didn't do well and if they did germinate, sometimes they were just helmet heads.  As always, I grow too many plants.   Lists to come.

Here is my list of plants.  If I listed them, that means that I got a minimum of one plant with a maximum of 3 plants.

Annuums:
Alma Paprika
Ancho Gigantea
Antep Aci Dolma XL (Growdown)
Bird's Eye
Cayenne Golden
Cayenne Purple
Corbaci
Cubanelle Giant
De Arbol
Dilly Street Tamwork Birdseye
Finger Hots
Fresno
Georgia Flame
Hermosillo
Jalafuego F3 (A bonnie plant that I have saved seeds from)
Jalapeno Brown
Jalapeno Chernobyl
Jalapeno Multicolor purple
Jalapeno Purple
Jalapeno Tiger
Jaloro
Jamaican Mushroom Yellow  
Patagonia
Purple UFO
Shishito
Shishito Yellow
Sri Lanka Chili Red
Sri Lanka Chili Red X red short blocky
Sri Lanka Chili Red X sm orange
Thai White
Thunder Cacho Brown
Thunder Cacho Red
Vezena Piperka
Xalapa

No shows:
Gochu Cheong Wo Shia Jo
Japones  (aka Yatsufusa)
Long thin
NuMex Heritage 6-4
Padron
Pasilla Bajio
Peter Yellow
Tam Vera Cruz

Baccatums:
Aji Amarillo
Aji Cito
Aji Fantasy
Aji Golden
Aji Guyana
Aji Melocoton Lg
Aji Penec
Aji Pineapple
Brazilian Starfish Orange
Ethiopian Fire
Erotica Orange
Malawi Piquante
Peruvian Giallo Arancio
Sugar Rush Cream
White Lightning Bolt

No Shows:
Peachadew
Sugar Rush Peach
Tucano F2

Chinense:
7 Pot Brainstrain Chocolate RSMC (jedisushi)
7 Pot Cinder
7 Pot Douglah Chocolate Billy Boy (jedisushi)
7 Pot Gravedigger Red
7 Pot Nebru
7 Pot Primo
Aji Charapita
Amnesia
Bahamian Goat
Banestrain Peach
Bhut Jolokia Brown
Bhut Jolokia Jeff's Mystery
Bhut Jolokia Mustard
Bhut Jolokia Red (Sawyer)
Bhut Jolokia Solid Gold
Bhut Jolokia Super JW
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bhutlah Chocolate
Bhutwrecker Purple
Billy Goat
Biquinho Pink
Biquinho Yellow
Brain Strain Yellow (PaulG)
Butch T Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion Yellow
Cahoots
California Reaper
CAP 691
Carolina Reaper
Carolina Reaper Chocolate
Carolina Reaper Golden
Carolina Reaper Yellow
Chupetinho
Clavo Red
Cumari do Para
Death Spiral
Demonic Goat
Despair
Dragon's Breath
Fatalii (Helvete)
Fatalii (seeds saved from last year's growdown)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Ghostly Jalapeno
Habanero Pumpkin
Habanero Teja
Hainan Yellow Lantern
Hurt Berry
Jay's Purple
KS Lemon Starrburst
Leviathan Gnarly Scorpion
Lord Voldermort
MA Purple
Moruga UV Chocolate
Naglah Beast
Orange Blob
Orange Ribbon
Orange Tiger
Orange Turdcicle
Pepper XXX
Purple Death
Raptor Ripper Yellow
Rimmerhus Fun Strain
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Scotch Bonnet UFO
Scotch Bonnet WHP
Scotch Bonnet WHP II
Senegal
Tom's Giant Peach Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Umorok Chocolate
Unreaper
VV7 Scorpion

No Shows:
Trinidad Scorpion I Scream
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Douglah Red
Brain Red
Datil

Crosses:
7 Pot Primo x Lemon Drop
Aji Painapple F3 (crossed with something in my garden)
Black Naga x Peri Peri - Brown F2
Carbon Bhut 7 x BBG7
Clavo Red x Carolina Reaper
Ghost Naganero
Ghostly Cross Purple-Orange
Hab White Bullet x Urfa Biber F4
Hendrix Yellow
JPGS x Reaper
Moruga x Brainstrain (Yellow)
Peach Bhut X Reaper
Peach Bonnet Scorpion X
PI 260567 x Duke Baccatum
Pink Tiger X Peach Bhut
Purple Thunder BJh-2
Purple Thunder BJh-3
Purple Thunder BJh-Mystery
Reaper x SRTSL
Scorpion X 7 Pot Douglah Burgundy
Scorpion X 7 Pot Douglah Chocolate A
Scorpion X 7 Pot Douglah Chocolate B
Space X (Peach Bhut x Peach Scorpion F2) (jedisushi)
Tepin x Lemon Drop F5
Trippaul Threat Light Yellow F7
Trippaul Threat Purple F7
Trippaul Threat Violet F7
Wrecking Ball x 7 Pot Brown

No Shows:
Sepia Serpent x Butch T
Tabanaga
Trippaul Threat White F7

Frutescens:
Aji Caballero
Cabai Burung Ungu
Duke Pequin
Nosi Komba

No Shows:
Guam Boonies
Siling Labuyo

Pubescens:
Deseda CaneDog Cross
Rocopica F2  (From Seed Train but CD put these on there)
Rocoto Mini Red

DontPanic said:
Wow!  What a come-back grow list!

I see three listings for Sri Lankan Chili Red varieties.  Are these random crosses?  The Sri Lankan Chili Red's seem to be particularly naughty. :)
Yeah, I should explain that a little.  So, when we did that growdown, my seeds produced two different plants.  One looked like it was supposed to.  The other looked like it was crossed with a Chinense and it was hot!  So, last year, I tried to grow seeds I saved from the cross and I got three completely different plants, probably because it crossed again with plants I had growing around it.    So, one plant was a small red blocky shape, one was a small cylindrical orange shape, and the third was a pea size red pepper.  Well, I saved seeds from them all, but that pea sized red one didn't have many seeds and they ended up not germinating so that one might be gone forever.   But, I am going to try to grow the other two and have some fun with it.  The third variety I am growing this year is from seeds I saved from the plant that looked like the SLCR should look like.

bpiela said:
Yeah, I should explain that a little.  So, when we did that growdown, my seeds produced two different plants.  One looked like it was supposed to.  The other looked like it was crossed with a Chinense and it was hot!  So, last year, I tried to grow seeds I saved from the cross and I got three completely different plants, probably because it crossed again with plants I had growing around it.    So, one plant was a small red blocky shape, one was a small cylindrical orange shape, and the third was a pea size red pepper.  Well, I saved seeds from them all, but that pea sized red one didn't have many seeds and they ended up not germinating so that one might be gone forever.   But, I am going to try to grow the other two and have some fun with it.  The third variety I am growing this year is from seeds I saved from the plant that looked like the SLCR should look like.
Ben! Glad to see your grow off to such a
great start after last season's disaster.
Knock on wood for continued good
fortune, my friend!

Speaking of SLR crosses, my Mr. Sausage
Yellow is from that same lineage. The F2 pods
were upright, yellow and about 1/2-3/4" long.
Don't Panic grew out my original red cross,
and produced the yellows, which I am growing 
this year.

stettoman said:
Hey Ben, you at it again? Great list too!

For testicle size comparison, I'm only growing ten (10) this year....You win... :shocked:

Luck to you, man. Here's to an abundant season!  :cheers:
Lol!  A lot of these plants were ones I was trying to grow last year and didn't make it.  I would say for testicle size, you play guitar, you win!

Have a great season as well!

PaulG said:
Ben! Glad to see your grow off to such a
great start after last season's disaster.
Knock on wood for continued good
fortune, my friend!

Speaking of SLR crosses, my Mr. Sausage
Yellow is from that same lineage. The F2 pods
were upright, yellow and about 1/2-3/4" long.
Don't Panic grew out my original red cross,
and produced the yellows, which I am growing 
this year.
Paul,  Thanks for the wood knock!  I will need it.  If all goes well, we should have fun seeing how our SLR crosses grow out. 

That's one hell of a catalog, very impressive. What kind of LED bars are you using on the top rack, and what do you think of them? I grow on 48" racks similar to what you have and been thinking about getting something like those to supplement my entry level sized panels, rather than buying a whole new bigger 2k or 3k watt light.

Kramer said:
That's one hell of a catalog, very impressive. What kind of LED bars are you using on the top rack, and what do you think of them? I grow on 48" racks similar to what you have and been thinking about getting something like those to supplement my entry level sized panels, rather than buying a whole new bigger 2k or 3k watt light.
So, I have the LEDs on the top and bottom shelves right now.  They are replacing T5 light fixtures that have started failing.

Top Shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081PKGSML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bottom Shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PV6MP95/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both are no name brands.  They both cost the same.  I would have bought both of the white ones but they were sold out at the time when I needed to purchase so I went with the other one.  I actually didn't realize they were different.  Both are full spectrum.  One is white and the other is purple.  In any case, they were very easy to install, cheaper than T5's (so far), gives me more room for the plants to grow and won't burn the plant if it grows into the light.  So far, I like them.  They seem easy to replace as well.  In the pic, I had only installed 4 lights.  I have since installed the other two.  I can easily move them in small increments from front to back. 

Needed to post an update.  Plants are still growing fine.  No signs of anything bad.  I did stake up a few and move a couple of plants around that were not getting enough light.  Still have not seen a single bug.  I don't get it.  I would have expected to see fungus gnats at least by now.  I am not complaining, just noticing.  The plants seem to like the LED lights.  I might just get rid of all the T5's and just do LED in the future.

Anyways, here are the racks.
Mostly annuums and baccatums but the larger ones are chinense.
utMyltU.jpg

The rest of the chinense.  On the top shelf to the right I have a Cappuccino Tepin that popped late so I kept it inside.  I didn't pay much attention to it and it wasn't doing well so when I potted up all of the seedlings, I put the Tepin in a larger pot and it is doing great.
dKXipXU.jpg

Some quick pics of plants.
Purple Thunder Bjh-2:
ZNFod8k.jpg

Purple Thunder Bjh-3:
2yP1Piz.jpg

Trippaul Threat Light Yellow F7:
AGy61dd.jpg

Trippaul Threat Violet F7:
UorRyah.jpg

Back