• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bpiela's 2016 Glog

Had a hard time following the weather reports here in NJ this year (actually didn't pay attention) and a frost killed the garden before I could dig up plants and bring them in to OW.  I did grow some peppers in containers so I decided to move the best of them inside.  Thus, I am OW'ing the following:

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate grown from seeds from Baker's.  This plant did well in the container but really never produced any pods.  If I can keep it alive, it will kick butt next season.
Habanero White Bullet grown form seeds from Juanito.  Got plenty of pods from this guy and I am happy to OW it.  Still plenty of pods on it and I plan on harvesting them.
Cayenne Red that I purchased from a local store.  This plant was large for a store bought plant and did great.  I am still getting pods off of it after moving it indoors.  I definitely need to prune it back once I harvest all of the pods off of it.
Aji Melocoton grown from seeds from Pepperlover.  This plant grew true, it was not one of the Aji Penec's that some folks got (including myself) that were mislabeled.  I pruned it way back and the plant still is going strong. I can't imagine an OW'd baccatum. This should be fun.
Some unknown variety purchased from a local store that was mislabeled.  I will post pictures of the pods if anyone wants to guess what it is.  Large pendant pods that grow up and mature red.
Masquerade.  This plant was in a display that was at my father-in-law's wake.  We kept the display and I will do my best to keep this plant going.  These pods go from green to dark purple to red and grow upwards.  Nice plant and it will be a nice memory.

Other than that, I did start some seeds today as a first wave kind of thing.  I am using Park's starters as my planting medium.  Each starter block contains 18 cells in a 3 x 6 layout.  I planted three cells of the following:

Block 1:  Lindberg Figueroa peppers
Aji Jobito
Aji Llaneron
Aji Margariteno
Aji Pepon
Aji Rosita
Aji Rosita Rojo

Block 2: Seeds from peppers I grew or purchased.   The Thai Orange Large is from romy6.  The "Mel Unknown" are seeds from a pod a friend named Mel gave me.  He got the peppers from a trip to the Caribbean.  I have a picture somewhere of what a mature plant looks like and I will follow up with a post.
Thai Hot Ornamental
Thai Orange Large
Mel Unknown
Cumari Do Para
Peri Peri
Trotalino Amoraoso

Block 3: More seeds from plants I have grown in the past and a few from Wicked Mike's Seed Train from last season.
Aji Amarillo
Aji Colorado
Inca Red Drop
Criolla Sella
Guajillo
Birgit's Locoto

Not going with too many superhots up front.  Next rounds of seeds will get the superhots going.  I am liking the small hot pepper thing hence the Thai Hot Ornamental, the Cumari do Para and the Peri Peri.  I hope to get some CAP 691 seeds from Pepperlover.  Got some of them in a SFRB from Wicked Mike this season and I thought those peppers rocked.

Here is a pic of the Mel Unknown.  The plant grows very big it seems. I just have seeds. That is not a picture of any plant that I have.
5WVArEh.jpg

Glad to help :P ... would love to see photos...unfortunately I did not pass "posting photos 101" the first time,so I have to repeat :rofl:..would love to share some  photos  of my  wilds   from Semillas that are doing nicely from seeds obtained earlier  this year.
Cheers.

Great & colorful assortment there..like you I have a ton of peppers,I have given a lot away,& find my plants still producing also.The weather here is in the 60's during the day,40& 50's at  night & it hasn't stopped the production.Maybe next year I will cut back a bit :shh:
Good luck with the c. galap..Keep it going er growing!.Cheers!

Malarky said:
nice amarillos in that basket Ben. What are the longer Yellow peppers in there?
Those longer yellows are PI199506.  They are a baccatum variety.  I planted seeds from pods I got from Wicked Mike.

Malarky said:
how are they?

Malarky,  these are nice tasting moderate heat baccatums.  I would recommend them.  Just great chopped up and put on a hot dog or whatever you want to put them on.

Closing this down for the year.  I did not do a good job with the glog this year.  I started out strong and then kinda lost interest there towards the end of the summer.  I did learn a lot and hope to do better in 2017.  For starters, I am overwintering more plants than ever.  Here is my list:

C. Galapagoense
Cumari Pollux
Cumari do Para (from Juanitos)
Wild Brazil (from Chileplants.com)
Peruvian Serlano (from Chileplants.com)
Chiltepin Fort Prescott (from Chileplants.com)
Red Manzano (from Juanitos)
Aji Jobito
Aji Rosita Red
Amazzo (from Chileplants.com)
Yuquitania (from Chileplants.com)
CAP 1220
Bod'e (from Chileplants.com)
Orange and Purple Cayenne
Aji Painapple (D3's cool cross)
Cabai Burong Undu (I dug this one up late and it is not looking long for this world)
CGN 20800
CGN 24360

I am looking forward to starting seeds for next year.  I have plans for when the plants get too big for my shelves.  I did give away a bunch this year.  If I am able to fix my problems and not get leggy plants, then I might sell some locally for cheap, like maybe $3 per plant.  Or not.  Long ways to go before I get there if at all.

Great finish to your season!  Nice variety of harvested pods...
Good luck with those OWs.

Hope you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving holiday!

bpiela said:
Had a hard time following the weather reports here in NJ this year (actually didn't pay attention) and a frost killed the garden before I could dig up plants and bring them in to OW.  I did grow some peppers in containers so I decided to move the best of them inside.  Thus, I am OW'ing the following:

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate grown from seeds from Baker's.  This plant did well in the container but really never produced any pods.  If I can keep it alive, it will kick butt next season.
Habanero White Bullet grown form seeds from Juanito.  Got plenty of pods from this guy and I am happy to OW it.  Still plenty of pods on it and I plan on harvesting them.
Cayenne Red that I purchased from a local store.  This plant was large for a store bought plant and did great.  I am still getting pods off of it after moving it indoors.  I definitely need to prune it back once I harvest all of the pods off of it.
Aji Melocoton grown from seeds from Pepperlover.  This plant grew true, it was not one of the Aji Penec's that some folks got (including myself) that were mislabeled.  I pruned it way back and the plant still is going strong. I can't imagine an OW'd baccatum. This should be fun.
Some unknown variety purchased from a local store that was mislabeled.  I will post pictures of the pods if anyone wants to guess what it is.  Large pendant pods that grow up and mature red.
Masquerade.  This plant was in a display that was at my father-in-law's wake.  We kept the display and I will do my best to keep this plant going.  These pods go from green to dark purple to red and grow upwards.  Nice plant and it will be a nice memory.

Other than that, I did start some seeds today as a first wave kind of thing.  I am using Park's starters as my planting medium.  Each starter block contains 18 cells in a 3 x 6 layout.  I planted three cells of the following:

Block 1:  Lindberg Figueroa peppers
Aji Jobito
Aji Llaneron
Aji Margariteno
Aji Pepon
Aji Rosita
Aji Rosita Rojo

Block 2: Seeds from peppers I grew or purchased.   The Thai Orange Large is from romy6.  The "Mel Unknown" are seeds from a pod a friend named Mel gave me.  He got the peppers from a trip to the Caribbean.  I have a picture somewhere of what a mature plant looks like and I will follow up with a post.
Thai Hot Ornamental
Thai Orange Large
Mel Unknown
Cumari Do Para
Peri Peri
Trotalino Amoraoso

Block 3: More seeds from plants I have grown in the past and a few from Wicked Mike's Seed Train from last season.
Aji Amarillo
Aji Colorado
Inca Red Drop
Criolla Sella
Guajillo
Birgit's Locoto

Not going with too many superhots up front.  Next rounds of seeds will get the superhots going.  I am liking the small hot pepper thing hence the Thai Hot Ornamental, the Cumari do Para and the Peri Peri.  I hope to get some CAP 691 seeds from Pepperlover.  Got some of them in a SFRB from Wicked Mike this season and I thought those peppers rocked.

Here is a pic of the Mel Unknown.  The plant grows very big it seems. I just have seeds. That is not a picture of any plant that I have.
5WVArEh.jpg
I have it all set reminders on my smart phone calander

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back